Badminton Association Almere has to leave the sports hall after 30 years
Badminton Association Almere (BVA) will be forced to leave Sporthal Raggers on Bongerdstraat next year. “Our hall has been sold and the new owner wants to turn it into a padel hall. This means that after 30 years we have to look for a new location,” explains Jeffrey de Jonker on behalf of the Accommodation Committee of the BVA.
Sporthal Raggers was owned by the Stichting Sportaccomodaties Flevoland (SSF). The Management Foundation Sports Complex Almere East (BSAO) also falls under this foundation. “These foundations were created at the time when the badminton association and the gymnastics association had this sports hall built together,” explains Jeffrey de Jonker. The establishment of the two foundations was based on legal, financial and tax considerations, among other things.
Read the whole article on the website of Almere This Week.
Comment Guidelines (comprehensive)
- Anonymous comments will be removed or edited if desired
- Use of ‘normal Dutch’ is welcomed
- Email addresses are required but are never shown on the site
- Use of smilies is allowed, but too much harm
- Web addresses automatically convert to links, but two or more per comment is considered spam