Thomas Partey: Rape Allegations

Updated 16.37 | Published 15.49

Thomas Partey.

Thomas Party, 32, is charged with five cases of rape.

It writes British police in a press release, reports British media.

The abuse must have occurred between 2021 and 2022.

Ghanaan left Arsenal five days ago. Two of the charges apply to one woman, three another. He is also accused of sexual abuse that must have been directed at a third woman.

The 32-year-old will appear in court in London on Tuesday, August 5.

“Our highest priority is to provide support to the women who have emerged,” investigator Andy Furphy said in a statement.

British police must have received the first report of rape in February 2022 and then the investigation began.

Denies the charges

Jenny Wiltshire, who is Partey’s defense lawyer, says this in a statement:

– Thomas Party denies all charges. He has fully collaborated with both police and prosecutors during the three -year investigation. He is now looking forward to getting the chance to clean his name.

Party has played in Arsenal since 2020 but left the club when the contract expired on Monday. The midfielder had to make 167 performances for the club. Previously, he has also represented, among other things, the Spanish major club Atlético Madrid.

Aiko Tanaka

Aiko Tanaka is a combat sports journalist and general sports reporter at Archysport. A former competitive judoka who represented Japan at the Asian Games, Aiko brings firsthand athletic experience to her coverage of judo, martial arts, and Olympic sports. Beyond combat sports, Aiko covers breaking sports news, major international events, and the stories that cut across disciplines — from doping scandals to governance issues to the business side of global sport. She is passionate about elevating the profile of underrepresented sports and athletes.

Leave a Comment