archysport

Newsletter

Anthony Modeste announces move from Cologne to Borussia Dortmund

Mith emotional words, Anthony Modeste said goodbye to the supporters of his previous club after moving from 1. FC Köln to Borussia Dortmund. The 34-year-old professional soccer player signed a one-year contract with BVB on Monday and is to replace new signing Sébastien Haller, who will be out for a long time due to a testicular tumor.

The dream of the Champions League

Modeste wrote on Instagram to say goodbye that he knew this day would come and always hoped that it would come as late as possible. “But certain facts of football mean that you can’t control fate,” he explained and said of his time in Cologne: “You can’t forget 7 years in life. I signed for FC on the day my son was born. That will be etched in my heart forever.”

Modeste emphasized that he remains an ardent supporter of 1. FC Köln and highlighted the sporting prospects in Dortmund as the motive for his move. “As many might think, I’m not going for the money. I turned down big offers from the Gulf countries,” wrote the Frenchman. “It has always been my dream to experience the Champions League and now that opportunity has presented itself to me. I don’t think she will come again.”

As early as 2017, when he left Cologne for the first time – back then after China – there had been discord and criticism. Last season Modeste scored 20 goals and played a significant role in 1. FC Köln’s entry into the international competition of the Conference League.

Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter
LinkedIn
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending