Manchester United are nearing their first major transfer window twist and plan to invest $ 73 million.
Meanwhile, Barcelona have a lot of headaches to deal with outside of Lionel Messi’s exit and Arsenal are considering a replacement for underperformer Mesut Ozil.
Welcome to the latest Rumor Mill …
Watch European football with beIN SPORTS and ESPN on Kayo. New to Kayo? Get your free 14 day trial and start streaming now>
THE UTD MAN TO BET ON THE FIRST GREAT SUMMER SIGNATURE
Reports suggest Manchester United are approaching their first big-name signing during their summer transfer window.
Ajax’s Donny van de Beek is in United’s sights and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is believed to be close to securing the Dutch midfielder with a £ 40 million ($ A73M) deal.
Van de Beek was excluded from Ajax’s squad for Saturday’s friendly with Eintracht Frankfurt, further contributing to rumors that the move to the Red Devils is imminent.
Second Sport, Van de Beek has already informed Ajax teammates that he will travel to Manchester next week to finalize the deal.
Barcelona are also interested in the services of the Dutch midfielder with their new boss Ronald Koeman a big fan of Van de Beek who has already coached him as the Netherlands manager.
However, it is believed that they are not that interested in a serious comedy in Van de Beek due to the high price being asked in the middle of the pandemic.
He would leave United in pole position to secure their first big signing of the summer.
Solskjaer is looking at a boost to club action in midfield with Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes also on the goals.
THE $ 22 MILLION BOAT HEADACHE
Barcelona have their fair share of problems on the transfer market right now.
If the tensions surrounding Lionel Messi’s exit aren’t enough, they are now negotiating the termination of Luis Suarez’s contract.
Suarez is no longer needed at the Camp Nou, but is still training with the team until a final decision is made.
While Barca have demanded a payment of 630 million pounds ($ A1.14 billion) from potential suitors for Messi, they are ready to have their drama with Suarez.
Second Objective, will be required to earn around £ 12 million ($ 22 million) in compensation if they want Suarez to leave before the season starts.
It’s all part of a new era at Barcelona under Ronald Koeman, who is the new man in charge after Quique Setien was sacked after an 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals.
Reports suggest that five clubs have already expressed their interest in Suarez.
The Uruguayan striker took to social media last week to talk about his future.
“There are people who talk about me or on my behalf when I haven’t been in a relationship with them for years,” Suarez said.
“When I need to speak, I will speak for myself.”
ARSENAL’S HUGE SHIFT IN THE PURSUIT OF COUTINHO
Arsenal are in the front row to seal Philippe Coutinho’s chase with Chelsea ready to retire from the hunt for his serves.
Coutinho was on loan to Bayern Munich and there was a transfer battle between the Gunners and the Blues over his signing.
Chelsea initially saw Coutinho as a potential replacement for Eden Hazard.
However, their active position in the players market could work against them with deals for Timo Werner, Hakim Ziyech and Ben Chilwell, as well as potentially Kai Havertz, meaning they don’t have as much room to move as Arsenal.
The Gunners are said to see Coutinho as a replacement for the underperformance of Brazilian international Mesut Ozil.
Don Balon reports that Arsenal are leading the game after Chelsea retired with their recent signings, which means that Coutinho is no longer a priority or viable goal.
Coutinho has fallen out of favor and is a risky choice for Arsenal but the change of scenery could be what they need to get back to their best.