FC Bayern apparently wants to bring Nick Woltemade to Munich this summer. This emerges from a report by the TV station Sky from Thursday evening, which coincides with SZ information. Accordingly, the striker already agreed with the German soccer champion, in Munich a contract will be waving to him until 2030. Now Bayern want to negotiate with VfB Stuttgart about a change. Woltemade is said to have already informed VfB its decision.
However, a possible transfer should not be cheap. Woltemade, who is causing a sensation at the U21 European Championship in Slovakia, still has a contract with the Swabians until 2028-apparently without a clause. The CEO Alexander Wehrle had recently rejected possible wagering attempts. “We’re going to the next season with Nick. Point!” Said Wehrle the Stuttgarter Zeitung and the Stuttgart news.
The Munich team had already fueled the swap rumors around Woltemade on the edge of the club World Cup. “The Nick plays very well, is in a really good shape. He is a young German player who is very, very interesting,” said Bayern sports director Christoph Freund.
Bavaria President Herbert Hainer also found praising words about the 1.98 meter tall attack. “Nick Woltemade has had a very, very good development, and we are happy for German football. And for Bayern: We are happy about every good German footballer,” he told Bayerischer Radio on the sidelines of Bayern’s basketball final.
VfB actually wanted to expand the ongoing contract of Woltemade prematurely – including salary increase. The management of the player, who meets the U21 in the European Championship final and leads the goal scorer list with six goals, is said to have rejected the Swabians in this regard. Woltemade has been furious weeks. First he won the DFB Cup with the VfB, then he made his debut in the A national team at the Final Four tournament in the Nations League before led the U21 to the European Championship final.