Lewis Hamilton denies contacting Red Bull

Lewis Hamilton formally denied this Thursday, on the sidelines of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix which takes place on Sunday, the comments of Christian Horner, the boss of Red Bull Formula One, who had declared to the Daily Mail that a representative of Lewis Hamilton had contacted to discuss an association between the seven-time world champion and Max Verstappen within Red Bull next season.

“We’ve had several conversations over the years about Lewis coming in,” Horner said. They contacted me a few times. More recently, earlier this year, there was an investigation into whether there would be any interest. »

“There are no confidential discussions. You know Christian. He loves this sort of thing.”

Hamilton, whose contract extension with Mercedes until the end of 2025 was announced in August, told Sky Sports on Thursday that he did not know what Horner was talking about: “I don’t really understand what he is talking about because no one, as far as I know, from my team has spoken to him, I haven’t really spoken to Christian in years. He contacted me earlier in the year to meet, but that was it. I just congratulated him on an amazing year and said I hope I get to fight soon [eux] in the near future. I think he’s just stirring things up. There are no confidential discussions. You know Christian. He loves this sort of thing. »

Asked at an FIA press conference how he would view a possible association with Lewis Hamilton, Max Verstappen asked: “What would it add to know? It doesn’t happen, so what’s the point of talking about it and making a fuss about it? I wouldn’t have any problems with it anyway, like with all the other drivers. »

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *