FC Lorient counter-attacks. Yesterday, several media announced that Régis Le Bris had agreed with OGC Nice. As explained on our site, the coach under contract until 2027 with the Merlus does not yet have an agreement with the Aiglons. But his departure cannot be ruled out since Julien Stéphan was approached according to our information. However, the FCL wants to keep its coach and recalled him in a murderous press release. “Although he recently extended his contract until 2027 for him and his staff, Régis Le Bris spoke with his president about the wish to terminate him after eleven years of service at FC Lorient. Appointed in June 2022 for a first professional coaching position in Ligue 1 following graduation, Régis Le Bris, involved in all sporting decisions, has signed up for a medium-term project with FC Lorient. The club is therefore counting on him to maintain and develop the good dynamic known this season. After consulting the Board of Directors, the vital forces of the club and the partners, FC Lorient took the decision not to release him from his contract. Moreover, very attached to professional ethics and in the event of an approach concerning its coach under contract, FC Lorient has just reminded OGC Nice in writing of its obligations to respect article 211 of the Administrative Regulations of the LFP. The club also plans to seize the LFP and FIFA to denounce the repeated practices of OGC Nice and to request sanctions against the club. »
President Loïc Féry then said: “They behaved badly in January. I had received an apology from the boss of Ineos on the Terem Moffi case. They reiterate today and had acted in the same way with RC Lens. Besides, I had Jean-Claude Blanc this evening, and he assured me that he understood that we did not want to release the staff in place. Régis Le Bris told me a few days before the last match of the season that he was wondering about being at the end of a cycle with FC Lorient. He asked me to open the door for a departure, which surprised me deeply. I reminded him that he had just extended and that I was counting on him. He was aware of being under contract with the club and he also knew that if I did not open the door, no departure would be possible. I would have preferred that we managed to keep Terem Moffi. But I want to say that we collectively made the decision to let him go. We must not forget the enormous efforts made in January with the arrivals of Jean-Victor Makengo, Bamba Dieng and Romain Faivre. For this summer, apart from Enzo Le Fée who has an exit voucher – and only if we receive an offer that meets our expectations – no manager will be transferred as I promised. We have a nice envelope to strengthen the group, with a budget that will increase sharply. I trusted Régis last year by appointing him to head the professional team, also asking him to commit to our project over the medium term. It was unanimous this year within the club, with partners and supporters. He is a remarkable man. He does a superb job. I understand that he is in demand but he is under contract. My responsibility is to preserve the interests of FC Lorient. The whole FCL institution and I are counting on him. We have not contacted other coaches. We are not open to discussing a transfer concerning him. We are ambitious and we are giving ourselves the means to aim even better next season. » The message got through!
FC Lorient official press release
➡︎ https://t.co/9tWivWUqkV pic.twitter.com/8ZDaM8dkXX
– FC LORIENT 🐟 (@FCLorient) June 8, 2023
Pub. the 09/06/2023 07:37
MAY laugh 09/06/2023 09:04
#Lorients #murderous #press #release #Nice #Bris