Newsletter

In the absence of Parc des Princes, PSG is a good candidate to buy Stade de France – Liberation

In conflict with the town hall of Paris, the club of the capital had already made known its intention to make an offer to buy the Stade de France. It is now official.

It becomes concrete and it stings the eyes a little. Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) is one of the candidates for the takeover of Stade de France, who were to submit their formal offer before this Thursday, April 27 at noon. The Parisian club, financial behemoth of French football, is thus taking a step towards moving to Seine-Saint-Denis, in a stadium estimated at some 600 million euros. And again increases the pressure on the town hall of Paris.

In reality, the capital club wants to stay at the Parc des Princes as a priority and acquire its historic stadium. But this offer acts a little more the conflict that the Qatari management of PSG maintains with the town hall of Paris.

Asked Thursday morning about this on RFI, Anne Hidalgo again criticized the offer «ridicule» PSG for the Parc des Princes. “Is my position irrevocable? Yes because you know, we had opened the door to the possibility of selling the stadium to our club, says the mayor of Paris. It is true that in the economic model of the big clubs, they are almost all owners and this argument, we have of course looked at it. The second thing is that to sell, you first had to respect the rules because it belongs to the Parisians, it does not belong to me personally. We are in a country where the rule of law works, there are procedures.

The “ridiculous” offer on the Parc des Princes

“There are prices that have to be fixed and have to correspond to the good. When, after a whole process during which we discussed and tried to assess what the price of the Parc des Princes could be, the club offered 38 million euros… I think the word ‘ridiculous’ is the appropriate one, lance Anne Hidalgo. In addition, we said to ourselves that there was no longer any possible path, let’s stop discussing so as not to reach an agreement.

Currently, the Stade de France, built to host the 1998 World Cup in Saint-Denis, in the north of Paris, belongs to the State and is managed by a consortium bringing together Vinci and Bouygues. But the thirty-year concession “expires in (June) 2025”recalled the Minister of Sports Amélie Oudéa-Castéra in an interview au JDD published on March 5. After that date, she explained that the government did not want “close no door”with nevertheless “two great options” which would emerge: “a new dealership or sale.”

The State published on March 7 the two calls for tenders: one for the transfer, the other for a new concession, with the date of delivery of the “folds” on April 27 at noon, according to AFP. The offers submitted, both for the transfer and for a concession, will be studied in 2024, for a probable award in 2025.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending