Ensuring “maintenance” in Serie A has become Juventus Turin’s first objective after the fifteen-point penalty imposed by sports justice for fraudulent transfers, bianconero coach Massimiliano Allegri said on Monday.
A good dose of irony? Ensuring “maintenance” in Serie A has become Juventus Turin’s first objective after the fifteen-point penalty imposed by sports justice for fraudulent transfers, bianconero coach Massimiliano Allegri said on Monday.
“Right now, we have 23 points (13th in the standings, editor’s note). We need to reach 40 points to save ourselves, it can make you smile but that’s the way it is,” he said at the conference. press on the eve of the trip to Salernitana, at the end of the 21st day of the championship, presented as a “direct duel” against the Garnets, currently 16th two points behind Juve.
“One Step at a Time”
“We have to give ourselves mini-objectives and move forward one step at a time, first joining the 12th (Fiorentina, editor’s note) then the other teams in front of us,” added the Turin coach. “By doing this, we will win matches, this will make it possible to maintain high tension with a view to the Europa League and the Italian Cup”, two titles now in the Old Lady’s sights to save a complicated season, he said. -He underlines.
Juve will face FC Nantes in the Europa League play-offs on February 16 and 23 and are qualified for the Italian Cup semi-finals against Inter Milan in April. Against Salernitana, Juve will still be without Paul Pogba, whose imminent return to the field experienced a new setback last week due to muscle discomfort in one thigh, the coach said.
The Frenchman, hit in July in the right knee and operated on in early September, has still not played at Juve since his return last summer, six years after leaving for Manchester United.
Juventus received a 15-point penalty before the Italian Football Federation Court of Appeal on January 20 for having, according to sports justice, regularly recorded overvalued capital gains in its accounts when selling certain players. The Turin club has however announced an appeal to the Italian Olympic Committee (Coni) to have this sanction canceled.