The results of the night in the NBA
Clippers @ Magic : 111-116, after extra time
Hornets @ Nets : 116-122
Hawks @ Knicks : 89-113
Lakers @ Raptors : 113-126
Wizards @ Bulls : 111-115
Thunder @ Grizzlies : 102-123
Kings @ Bucks : 113-126
Pacers @ Wolves : 115-121
Pistons @ Pelicans : 98-104
Warriors @ Jazz : 123-124
Celtics @ Suns : 125-98
– Trae Young showed up at Madison Square Garden wearing shoes that read “King of Broadway” as a reminder of his past exploits. That night, the Hawks point guard couldn’t do anything to counter the Knicks’ urge to make him pay for his teasing. New York clearly dominated the game, thanks to a Julius Randle in 2021 mode, able to lay down 34 points and 17 rebounds to bully Atlanta. When he’s like that, the All-Star inside changes his team’s outlook.
The Hawks understood that the evening was going to be long when Dejounte Murray twisted his ankle after 3 minutes of play and did not return to the floor.
– The duel between two of the most exciting fullbacks in the league, I Morant et Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, turned to the advantage of the first and the Grizzlies. Morant signed his second triple-double of the season (26 pts, 13 rebounds, 11 wt) and dethroned Marc Gasol with the highest number of TDs in the jersey of Memphis with 7.
This is the 4th straight win for the Grizzlies.
– Kevin Durant (29 pts) and Kyrie Irving (33 pts) were strong enough to allow Brooklyn to take over Charlotte and win a 5th victory in 6 matches. Kyrie’s 12 points in the 4th quarter and Seth Curry’s address (20 pts at 8/11) have a lot to do with it.
On the side of the Hornets, Theo Maledon played 11 minutes off the bench for 5 points, 2 assists and 2 rebounds.
– Unsurprisingly, the Lakers couldn’t do much in Toronto in the absence of LeBron James (ankle) and Anthony Davisfeverish. Pascal I’m sorry (25 pts, 10 rebounds) and his people were responsible for recalling that Los Angeles was completely harmless when the tandem was not on the floor. Bad luck for the Lakers, John Toscano-Anderson seems to have sprained his ankle badly during the game, reducing the rotation options of Darwin Ham.
– Orlando ended its 9-game losing streak by beating the Clippers in overtime. The task was not easy since the Californians were able to play Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, which has not happened frequently this season. The Magic hung on and relied on the coolness of Paolo Banchero during overtime. The n°1 of the Draft 2022 scored 10 of his 23 points of the day, with 6 successful throws in the last 7 seconds of the match.
– The Wolves scared each other off, but still picked up a major morale-boosting win at home against Indiana. Minnesota squandered a 23-point lead and had to make up 8 points behind to finally win. D’Angelo Russell scored 15 of his 28 points in the 4th quarter and the duo Anthony Edwards (26 pts) – Rudy Gobert (16 pts, 20 rebounds) brought what he could to resist Tyrese Haliburton (26 pts, 15 wts) and his own.
It is only the second victory in six matches for Wolves.
– The Pelicans managed to get the upper hand on the once again valiant Pistons. Zion Williamson (29 pts) was a little too tough an opponent for Detroit, the All-Star guiding the Pelicans to a fifth consecutive victory. Killian Hayes was again very interesting and finished in double-double with 17 points, 12 assists, 6 rebounds and 2 steals.
– The Warriors had decided to sacrifice this game to Utah by leaving Stephen Curry, Draymond Green et Andrew Wiggins at rest. They did not come that far from winning and it took a small miracle for the Jazz to snatch the victory. On an interception of Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Simone Fontecchio went dunking with 1.4 seconds left to hand the victory to his team.
JAZZ FOR THE WIN 🔥 pic.twitter.com/UH9iqhetaR
Otherwise, it got hot between Jonathan Kuminga et Jordan Clarkson.
Things got heated between Kuminga and Clarkson 👀 pic.twitter.com/96TDlq4P6g
— Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) December 8, 2022
– Another big performance from Giannis Antetokounmpo, author of 35 points, 6 rebounds and 7 assists in the Bucks’ victory against the Kings. His eighth straight game with 30 or more points.
Giannis Antetokounmpo is monstrous since the ladder shot
– The stars of the Bulls have finally decided to shine at the same time. DeMar DeRozan (27), Zach LaVine (25) and Nikola Vucevic (25) compiled 77 points to lead Chicago to victory over Washington. DeRozan notably scored 15 of his 27 points in money time, when the Bulls took over the Wizards. In addition to conceding another defeat, the DC franchise also recorded Bradley Beal’s ankle injury.
– Very big card from the Celtics on the floor of the Suns. The shock between the leaders of each Conference largely turned to the advantage of Boston, winner without forcing by dominating from the first minutes of play. Jayson Tatum (25 points) and his teammates already led by 27 points at the break and they then took place to win their 21st success of the season (in 26 games).
Chris Paul returned after missing the last 14 matches with a heel injury. Out of rhythm, he couldn’t do much. 4 points and 4 assists and a good slap inflicted on the Suns.