By beating Canada, Croatia joined Morocco at the top of Group F, with four dots. Third with three units, the Red Devils could settle for a draw against Croatia … provided that Canada is a card against Morocco. An unlikely scenario that will force Roberto Martinez and his men to focus solely on victory, this Thursday at 4 p.m. Canada is already eliminated.
In the event of a tie on points, the goal difference is the first deciding criterion, ahead of the number of goals scored and the direct confrontation. Here are the different scenarios for Belgium:
The first Red Devils of group F if…
– They beat Croatia while Morocco did no better than a draw against Canada.
The Red Devils second in Group F if…
– They beat Croatia and Morocco beat Canada.
– They draw against Croatia while Morocco loses by four goals against Canada.
– They draw against Croatia, Morocco lose by three goals and they score at least two goals more than Morocco (Examples: the Devils are 2-2 and Morocco lose 3-0. Or 3- 3 and Morocco lose 4-1).
The Red Devils eliminated if…
– They lose against Croatia.
– They draw against Croatia and Morocco takes a point or avoids a too big defeat against Canada.