only remain 365 days for the ceremony opening of the Santiago 2023 Parapan American Gamesthe largest Paralympic mega-sports event organized by the country and that promises to change high performance and disability culture forever.
The competition, to be held between on November 17 and 26 of the following year, will take place in the Metropolitan Region in 14 venues. The National Stadium Park will be the epicenter of the contest together with the Paralympic Sports Center. In addition, there will be action in the CEO of Ñuñoa, Lo Espejo, Peñalolén, Isla de Maipo and Pudahuel.
“In one year the Parapan American Games will begin. It is the opportunity for Chile to enjoy the maximum inclusive event in the Americas and we are working to make this an event that transforms the lives of people with disabilities”said Gianna Cunazza, executive director of Santiago 2023.
will be 1,927 athletes those who will convene in Santiago to participate in 17 sports and 18 disciplines: wheelchair basketball, boccia, blind football, CP (cerebral palsy) football, goal ball, judo, wheelchair rugby, wheelchair tennis and Para sport shooting. There will also be the Para versions of: athletics, badminton, cycling (track and road), swimming, powerlifting, taekwondo, table tennis and archery.
All disciplines, except PC football, will qualify for the Paralympic Games Paris 2024 directly or through scoring in the world rankings.
All disciplines and their venues for Santiago 2023
- Wheelchair Basketball: Sports Center 1, National Stadium
- Bowl: Community Sports Center, Lo Espejo
- Football for the blind: Paralympic Sports Center, National Stadium
- PC Soccer: South Sports Center, National Stadium
- Golbol: Paralympic Sports Center, National Stadium
- Judo: Contact Sports Center, National Stadium
- Athletics: Mario Recordon Athletic Center
- Badminton: Olympic Training Center, Ñuñoa
- Cycling track: Velodrome, Peñalolén Park
- Cycling route: Streets of Isla de Maipo
- Swimming: Aquatic Center, National Stadium
- Powerlifting: South Sports Center, National Stadium
- Taekwondo: Contact Sports Center, National Stadium
- Table tennis: Olympic Training Center, Ñuñoa
- Archery: Archery Center, Peñalolén Park
- Wheelchair Rugby: Collective Sports Center, National Stadium
- Wheelchair tennis: Sports Center of the Rackets, National Stadium
- Shooting For sports: Shooting range, Pudahuel