While Nikola Jokic’s 5-year, $264 million contract was the most expensive in the NBA, there were only 6 players who had previously signed over $200 million.
The 27-year-old MVP signed a historic contract worth $52.8 million annually. Previously, this record holder was another MVP, Giannis Antetokounmpo. Milwaukee Buck’s Greek star agreed for $228.2 million. Again, Bradley Beal left the Greek star behind with his signature before the next season.
The most expensive contracts
Here are the most expensive contracts in the NBA;
- Nikola Jokic (5 years-264 million dollars)
- Bradley Beal (5 years-251 million dollars)
- G. Antetokounmpo (5 years-228.2 million dollars)
- James Harden (4 years-228 million dollars)
- Devin Booker (4 years-214 million dollars)
- Russell Westbrook (5 years-206.8 million dollars)
- Stephen Curry (5 years-201.2 million dollars)