KOMPAS.com – The Premier League or the top competition of the Premier League has completed the matches of Week 22. Gameweek The 22nd Premier League 2020-2021 was closed by the Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea duel.
Two clubs from Manchester, namely Manchester United and Manchester City, managed to achieve maximum results in week 22.
Playing at Old Trafford Stadium, Wednesday (3/2/2021), Man United shaved their guest, Southampton, with a score of 9-0.
Two red cards received by Southampton made the club nicknamed The Saints have to accept being crushed by Manchester United.
Also read: Man United vs Southampton results, Red Devils 9 goal party!
Man United’s crushing victory had put pressure on the neighboring team, Manchester City.
However, Pep Guardiola’s squad was able to escape the pressure after picking full points at Burnley headquarters.
Manchester City managed to beat Burnley with a score of two goals without reply at the Turf Moor Stadium, Thursday (4/2/2021) early morning WIB.
Unlike the two Manchester clubs who have successfully won, Liverpool have had bad luck.
Also read: 3 Liverpool’s bad notes after being humiliated by Brighton & Hove Albion
Juergen Klopp’s men fell 0-1 to Brighton & Hove Albion at Anfield Stadium.
Steven Alzate’s only goal in the 56th minute was enough for Brighton to take the three points home from Anfield.
The result also extended Liverpool’s poor record at Anfield this season, where they failed to win in the last four Premier League home games.
Bad luck was also experienced by Arsenal who were trying to get up.
Visiting Molineux Stadium, the home of Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves), Arsenal lost 1-2 to the home team.
Also read: Tottenham vs Chelsea results, the London derby belongs to Thomas Tuchel’s troops
Arsenal took the lead through Nicolas Pepe’s goal in the 32nd minute. However, Wolves was able to turn things around through Ruben Neves’ penalty goals (45 ‘+ 5) and Joao Moutinho’s long-range strike (49’).
Meanwhile, the Tottenham vs Chelsea match, which was held at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Friday (5/2/2021) in the morning WIB, ended with a score of 0-1 for the visitors’ victory.
The only goal for Chelsea’s victory over Tottenham was scored by Jorginho through the spot in the 24th minute.
The English League results made Chelsea record a second victory with Thomas Tuchel.
Here are the full results of the English League Week 22:
- Sheffield 2-1 West Brom (Jayden Bogle 56′, Billy Sharp 73′ – Matthew Phillips 41′)
- Wolves 2-1 Arsenal (Ruben Neves 45 ‘+ 5 Pen, Joao Moutinho 49’ – Nicolas Pepe 32 ‘)
- Man United 9-0 Southampton (Aaron Wan-Bissaka 18 ‘, Marcus Rashford 25’, Jan Bednarek 34 ‘BD, Edinson Cavani 39’, Anthony Martial 69 ‘and 90’, Scott McTominay 71 ‘, Bruno Fernandes 87’, Daniel James 90 ‘ +3)
- Newcastle 1-2 Crystal Palace (Jonjo Shelvey 2′ – Jairo Riedewald 21′, Gary Cahill 25′)
- Burnley 0-2 Man City (Gabriel Jesus 3′, Raheem Sterling 38′)
- Fulham 0-2 Leicester (Kelechi Iheanacho 17 ‘, James Justin 44’)
- Leeds United 1-2 Everton (Raphinha 48′ – Gylfi Sigurdsson 9′, Dominic Calvert-Lewin 41′)
- Aston Villa 1-3 West Ham (Ollie Watkins 81′ – Tomas Soucek 51′, Jesse Lingard 56′ dan 83′)
- Liverpool 0-1 Brighton (Steven Raise 56 ‘)
- Tottenham 0-1 Chelsea (Jorginho 24 ‘Pen)