Richard Carapaz (Movistar) will have to defend the 'Maglia' rose this Sunday, in the fifteenth stage between Ivrea and Como of 232 kilometers, 160 of them totally flat, before reaching three major climbs in the last 60 kilometers. The route will go through the Madonna of Ghisallo, the sanctuary of the cyclists, and then through the Colma di Sormano and the Civiglio, whose descent precedes the arrival on the shores of a lake.
The Ecuadorian became with his historic victory in the Saint Vincent-Courmayer stage in the new leader of the Giro d'Italia and in the first cyclist in his country to be head of the general classification in one of the three great competitions of cycling (Giro de Italy, Tour of Spain, Tour de France).
Mikel Landa continues in a great dynamic after his exhibition in the thirteenth stage. The Basque is already placed fifth in the general at 2:50 of the head. The Slovenian Primoz Roglic is the main stalker, at 0:07 only to reach Carapaz, while Jan Polanc has dropped from the lead to seventh place in the Giro, 3:29 from the current leader.
General classification Giro de Italia 2019:
1. Richard Carapaz (COL / Movistar) 58h: 35: 34
2. Primo Roglic (ESL / Jumbo Visma) to 07
3. Vincenzo Nibali (ITA / Bahrain) at 1:47
4. Rafal Majka (POL / Bora) at 2:10
5. Mikel Landa (ESP / Movistar) at 2:50
6. Bauke Mollema (HOL / Trek Segafredo) to 2:58
7. Jan Polanc (ESL / UAE Emirates) at 3:29
8. Pavel Sivakov (RUS / Ineos) at 4:55
9. Simon Yates (GBR / Mitchelton Scott) to 5:28
10. Miguel Ángel López (COL / Astana) at 5:30
(tagsToTranslate) carapaz (t) defender (t) historico (t) liderato (t) giro