Dfive-time world footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, star player of Italy's record champions Juventus Turin, faces a police raid in Las Vegas for a 2009 rape allegation. This announced the police on Monday in the desert city in Nevada.
The news magazine "The Mirror" had reported that the lawyer of the American Kathryn Mayorga in the state of Nevada wanted to file a civil suit against the Portuguese European champion. The point is to annul a confidentiality clause.
This discretionary clause is said to have subjugated Mayorga in the course of an out-of-court settlement with Ronaldo. Ronaldo is said to have paid the woman 375,000 US dollars as a kind of silent money.
According to Sports Illustrated, the current police report says the case will be resumed. According to the alleged victim in 2009 had filed a complaint for sexual coercion, but the perpetrator and crime scene not described. She had been examined by a doctor. Now the new details of the woman would be checked.
Ronaldo vehemently denied the allegations and talked about "Fake News" on Instagram last Sunday. The rape is said to have taken place on June 13, 2009 in a hotel room in Las Vegas.