Serdar Dursun Reveals Transfer Offers as Kocaelispor Striker Eyes Future
April 28, 2026 • Kocaeli, Turkey
Kocaelispor striker Serdar Dursun has confirmed he’s received transfer offers from multiple clubs as his contract with the Turkish Süper Lig side nears expiration, while likewise expressing surprise at Fenerbahçe’s recent coaching change.
Dursun’s Season in Review: Goals and Gratitude
The 34-year-old forward joined Kocaelispor in the sixth week of the 2025-26 Süper Lig season when the team had just one point. Since then, he’s contributed seven goals and one assist in what he describes as “a joyful season” that saw Kocaelispor secure survival with 36 points.
“I joined Kocaelispor in the sixth week when we had only one point, and now we’ve stayed in the league,” Dursun said in an interview published Tuesday. “I hope You can show an even better Kocaelispor next season.”
Despite limited playing time, Dursun expressed satisfaction with his personal performance: “I’m doing well, I’ve played in most matches. As I said, I joined in the sixth week. Now I have seven goals and one assist. We have three matches left. Hopefully, I can continue scoring in these three matches.”
Transfer Interest Confirmed: Domestic and International Offers
With his contract set to expire at the end of the season, Dursun revealed that multiple clubs have reached out: “Naturally, many teams, both domestic and international, are contacting me. We’ll see what happens at the end of the season depending on whether the club wants to extend my contract or not.”
Dursun’s agent has not publicly disclosed which specific clubs have shown interest, but the veteran striker’s experience in Germany (where he played for Darmstadt 98 and Hertha BSC) and his Süper Lig pedigree craft him an attractive option for teams seeking proven goal-scoring ability.
Surprise at Tedesco’s Departure
In a candid moment during his interview, Dursun expressed genuine shock upon learning about Domenico Tedesco’s departure from Fenerbahçe: “Did he leave? Oh… I had no idea.”

When later asked about the situation, Dursun offered a diplomatic response: “For Tedesco, may it be for the best.”
Tedesco, who had been Fenerbahçe’s head coach since June 2025, left the club by mutual consent earlier this week following a disappointing run of results that saw the Istanbul giants fall out of European qualification contention.
Kocaelispor’s Final Three Matches
Kocaelispor face a crucial period as they gaze to end the season on a positive note. Their remaining fixtures are:
- May 3: vs Fenerbahçe (home)
- May 10: vs Sivasspor (away)
- May 17: vs Alanyaspor (home)
Dursun emphasized the team’s focus: “We’ll go into these three matches with the same goal as all our previous games: to win. We wish to show our best performance in these matches.”
With Kocaelispor mathematically safe from relegation, these final games offer an opportunity for Dursun to showcase his form to potential suitors while helping his current club build momentum for next season.
What’s Next for Dursun?
The veteran striker’s future remains uncertain. Key factors will include:
- Kocaelispor’s contract offer (if any)
- The specific terms and competitive level of incoming offers
- Dursun’s personal preference regarding league and club ambition
Dursun’s experience and proven goal-scoring record make him a valuable commodity in the transfer market. His next move could see him continue in the Süper Lig, return to Germany’s 2. Bundesliga, or explore opportunities in other European leagues seeking experienced forwards.
Key Takeaways
- Serdar Dursun has 7 goals and 1 assist since joining Kocaelispor in week 6
- Multiple clubs from Turkey and abroad have expressed interest
- His contract expires at the end of the 2025-26 season
- Kocaelispor are safe from relegation with 36 points
- Dursun expressed surprise at Domenico Tedesco’s Fenerbahçe departure
- Three matches remain in Kocaelispor’s Süper Lig campaign