Ibrahim Diabate’s future at Gais has been a series over the winter.
After all, now there will be a move for the striker. To Spain.
The evening paper stated earlier on Monday that Deportivo Alaves finally gave in late and made an attempt to snatch the top scorer. The outcome was successful. The La Liga giants bring in the forward on loan from Gais.
– This is a step that we believe is very good for Ibrahim Diabate’s continued development. He gets the opportunity to measure himself at the highest level in one of Europe’s top leagues, while the agreement is structured in a way that is good for all parties, says Gai’s technical director Magnus Sköldmark in a statement.
The agreement also includes a purchase option, the Greens and Blacks state. Alaves writes on its website that Diabate is expected to join within the next few hours.
– Today I close an important chapter. Thanks to the club, the coaches, my teammates and everyone who has always supported me. I bring with me valuable lessons, unforgettable moments and a lot of development, both on and off the pitch. I wish you all happiness and success in the future, says Diabate in a statement on Gai’s website.
The Express recently stated that Diabate was extremely close to a move to Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates. According to GP, however, the player himself chose to reject a contract proposal from that particular interested party and the transfer came to nothing.
Leicester and Augsburg were also mentioned in the hunt for Diabate, just like Al-Ahly before the turn of the year.