As reported this Sunday by La Vanguardia, Barcelona is negotiating the granting of a new loan that could reach up to 100 million euros, always depending on the terms in which the renegotiation of the Nike sponsorship is closed, which in 2024 will pay ten million less than euros for poor performances in European competition. Barça is counting on the bonus collected from the new contract with Nike to allow it to cover this season’s operating deficit.

Last October, Barça approved a budget of 859 million with net profits of 11 million euros. However, there is a possibility that the year will close with losses, hence the search for a new loan that can cover the decline in income with Nike and the problems in getting the money from 49% of Barça Studios, the renamed Barça Media. to go public.

Barça is still pending the 100 million euros that it should have received in June from the Libero company, which disappeared from the face of the earth. Beyond the credit or the agreement with Nike, those one hundred million are key to not closing the year with losses; and also to recover the 1:1 rule in LaLiga that allows him to try to rebuild the first team squad. According to La Vanguardia, “the great threat for Barça is that last year Laporta put more than 400 million in Barça’s coffers; half as a valuation of the 51% of the sale of Barça Media that remains in his hands and the other 200 million as a profit from the sale of the remaining 49%. The club’s financial situation remains very tense in the year of its 125th anniversary. The month of June seems key to trying to revive your economy.

Follow the Diario AS channel on WhatsApp, where you will find all the sport in a single space: the news of the day, the agenda with the latest news on the most important sporting events, the most outstanding images, the opinion of the best AS firms , reports, videos, and some humor from time to time.

2024-05-19 09:15:31
#Barça #negotiates #loan #million

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *