- After the 2: 3 defeat in the top match against BVB is Bayern President Uli Hoeneß conciliatory.
- He was not as disappointed as in the 0-3 home defeat against Borussia Mönchengladbach.
- The president excludes winter transfers – but announces major measures in the coming summer.
Uli Hoeness has rescheduled new commitments in the winter break at Bayern. "No, we will certainly do no activities in the transfer market," said the president of the football record champion on Sunday on the TV channel Sky. The 66-year-old had been asked if the Munich in view of the staff situation and after the Bundesliga top match in Dortmund (2: 3) seven points behind the BVB before the second half again need to refill. Already in the summer, the transfer of the now 18-year-old Canadian talent Alphonso Davies was fixed for January.
Hoeneß recalled that the injured Kingsley Coman and Thiago are coming back soon: "We'll get Coman back before Christmas and Thiago can play again in two or three weeks." In World Champion Corentin Tolisso he spoke of a comeback in February. Thiago and Tolisso are missing in midfield, Coman on the wing and also in the field of defense Bayern has few alternatives.
The Bavarians had held back conspicuously on the transfer market before this season and only obliged new player Leon Goretzka. For this, Hoeness announced a rebuilding of the squad for 2019: "Next year, when the second step of the upheaval comes, surely the team face will change quite a lot."
The top match at Borussia Dortmund Hoeneß saw as "advertising for football in general and for the Bundesliga in particular". The 2: 3 defeat the night before does not annoy him exceptionally, because the defending champion has shown a strong performance. "I'm less angry, sad or depressed today than a few weeks ago when we lost to Gladbach at home," Hoeness said. Hoeneß said: "The Bundesliga is really fun again and now people should be happy that it is exciting."