Rafa Benitez reveals that Newcastle Scouts have already been told to find window targets in January

Rafa Benitez reveals that Newcastle Scouts have already been told to find window targets in January

Rafa Benitez has already asked Newcastle United's scouting department to start planning for the January transmission window.

The summer trading period for Premier League clubs ended on Thursday at 5 pm – the earliest time that such a point was reached – which means that Benitez now knows the team he has to work with until the turn of the year.

United completed a total of seven summer supplements, including £ 6m from Federico Fernandez of Swansea City, but Benitez was frustrated with the Magpies' approach to the summer market – even though there was a joint statement from the Spaniard on Friday evening, Managing Director Lee Charnley and Captain Jamaal Lascelles claimed that United had finished the window "significantly stronger" than before.

Not only was Benitez angry at the shortage Newcastle spent – the Magpies ended the window with a net profit of more than £ 20 million – but also because they could not close deals on time or provide sufficient coverage for left-back and No.10.

Interestingly, however, Benitez refused to spread his frustration at Friday's press conference before Tottenham Hotspur before the joint statement was released in the late afternoon.

At the end of the deadline, Benitez knows he can no longer influence the public transfer trade, and instead advocates for the same unit of fans, players and employees who came in 10th last season.

However, Benitez will speak privately to CEO Charnley – the Spaniard insists he does not need to request an audience with owner Mike Ashley – and urge that changes be made to the club's transfer approach in the coming months.

In the meantime, Benitez will consult with recruiting leader Steve Nickson and the rest of his scouting team so that they can begin to find suitable targets in time for the opening of season one on January 1.

"It's my responsibility to make sure we move forward and we focus on football, but that does not mean I will not talk to Lee," Benitez replied as he made the assurance from above that There will be no repetition of the summer will come January.

"When a window is finished, you start working the closest, the Girl Scouts have done a great job, they have a few days to relax, then they have to start working again and thinking of the next window.

"I talk to Lee every day, so that's no problem [to have to speak to Ashley], "

Although Benitez was extremely diplomatic in his press conference on Friday, his refusal to set a date on which to continue contract negotiations with the club hierarchy was revealing.

The Spaniard's current deal expires in June and understandably fans are increasingly worried that Benitez will leave at the end of the season.

Despite declaring last month that he has postponed contract negotiations until the window closes, Benitez does not believe that this is the right time to discuss his future.

Instead, he insists he focus on the opening of the Premier League against Tottenham Hotspur at St. James's Park on Saturday noon.

"It's not the right time to talk about it, I'm happy here," Benitez replied when he was repeatedly asked if he had a timeframe to restart the contract negotiations.

"I want to be sure that we can keep up, we start [the Premier League] on Saturday. That's it.

"It's very clear that we have to do things in a way that we have to do things, and it will be easy for everyone to achieve what we want to achieve on and off the pitch.

"I have some experience, I have to try to do my best, I could see against Braga [in pre-season]My players were not really focused for a variety of reasons.

"But you have to focus on football, the fans expected Rafa to be upset and fight, but my message is very clear.

"I have to make sure we do not have any excuses not to be on the pitch, we've finished the transfer window so now we have to get the best from our players, I need to focus on that."

In the coming weeks and months, the future of Benitez will undoubtedly dominate the agenda on Tyneside after the transfer window has been closed.

But the Spaniard is adamant that his own personal situation will not be a distraction for the players or the club.

"I do not think so," Benitez replied when asked if his contract could prove to be an unnecessary incident.

"We have time to do things, and I do not have to explain at every press conference that we [the hierarchy and myself] have talked.

"We now know that it's time to relax a little and focus on the games, and then we have plenty of time to talk about it."

Again, he was asked when the contract discussions would continue, Benitez said with a smile, "Let me enjoy the game against Tottenham."

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.