Liverpool Transfer News LIVE: Klopp On Business, Fekir Stups, Deadline Day Movement Collapsed | Football | Sports

Liverpool Transfer News LIVE: Klopp On Business, Fekir Stups, Deadline Day Movement Collapsed | Football | Sports

Liverpool Transfer News LIVE: All the latest rumors and rumors from Anfield

  • Liverpool coach Jürgen Klopp announced that the club's transfer goals list had been finalized before the final defeat of the Champions League against Real Madrid.
  • It was Liverpool who was unable to resume negotiations for Lyon star Nabil Fekir after the World Cup despite calls from club president Jean-Michel Aulas.
  • Ragnar Klavan has almost left the Reds on the deadline, only to refuse a late order from Newcastle

Jürgen Klopp admits that Liverpool's transfer business was planned before the Champions League final – and was not changed throughout the summer.

The transfer window was closed on Tuesday at 17.00 for English clubs, but the activities of Liverpool were long gone.

The Merseyside team spent more than any other Premier League team this summer when they recruited Naby Keita – in a deal agreed 12 months ago – Fabinho, Xherdan Shaqiri and the new number 1 Alisson Becker.

"Everything was already fixed and clear what we wanted, all the decisions were taken at that point, and I think our areas were obvious," Klopp said.

"If Alisson was not on the market, we do not put on a goalie, he was in the market, so we did it.

"One went, one came in. Phil [Coutinho] before then Naby went in. It's not the same kind of player, but it's at least a similar position. "

Liverpool was the one who left Nabil Fekir this summer, not Lyon.

The Premier League team was the favorite to land the Lyon star during the transfer window.

However, the Reds decided it was too risky considering the financial commitment after the Liverpool Echo.

The transfer fee was not the only stumbling block.

Fekir's wages of £ 100,000 a week were also a problem for Liverpool.

The playmaker suffered a serious knee injury in 2015 and Liverpool feared he would be at high risk if he came to him after the World Cup.

Liverpool declined an appointment offer for Ragnar Klavan from Newcastle.

The central defender will be fourth this season by Virgil van Dijk, Dejan Lovren and Joel Matip.

But according to the chronicle, Jurgen Klopp rejected a late bid by the Magpies.

Instead, Newcastle moved to Swansea City defender Federico Fernandez.

Klavan will miss the start of the weekend because of an injury.

Ian Wright believes Liverpool is ready to challenge Manchester City for the Premier League title.

The Reds have spent a lot of money on the transfer market, gaining four newcomers this summer.

And Wright believes that they can now give the team of Pep Guardiola a chance for their money.

"I want the title race this season to get more spicy and I think it will be," he told the BBC.

"If the Liverpool gets some momentum, then we do not know how Manchester City will react under pressure if a team can stay close at the end of the season.

"One has to keep in mind that Liverpool is Kryptonite of the city, so I support Jürgen Klopp's side to lead them to the title."

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.