Gladbach coach wants to have recognized before the game on Saturday a crisis in the Munich – especially as Mats Hummels probably fails. Ronaldo is missing for the time being in Portugal's national team.
Bundesliga, VfL Wolfsburg: Coach Dieter Hecking of Borussia Mönchengladbach hopes in view of the small crisis of Bayern Munich in the league match on Saturday to a surprise. "I feel that they are thinking, and they do not know that in Munich," said Hecking on Thursday: "They realize that something is not right and are looking for what it is." They say that they are after ease To win three games is something new for them, so they have to learn how to handle them. " To rely on the uncertainty of the opponent would be, according to Hecking but "fatal". He continues: "I like being able to have no ease on Saturday, but you know that she can be back in Munich quickly."
Meanwhile, despite the good start to the season of Borussia, who has only two points less than Bayern in fourth, currently no talks about a contract extension with Hecking. "It goes without saying that we will talk at some point, but we have not yet agreed a date," said manager Max Eberl. Hecking said: "At some point, when it's time for Max's side, we'll have the conversation in. I've emphasized several times that I'm open to it, but there's no pressure on my part to do it in a timely manner."
Bundesliga, Bayern: The German football champions Bayern Munich must miss in the Bundesliga match against Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday, possibly on Mats Hummels. The international had to take a break on Thursday training. Hummels had been replaced in the Champions League game on Tuesday against Ajax Amsterdam (1-1) after a collision shortly before the end with a laceration on the head. The wound had to be sewn according to coach Niko Kovac. "My favorite doctor says that everything will be fine in a few days," Hummels later said on Instagram. Also not with the team trained on Thursday David Alaba. The full-back worked according to the Bayern individual in the performance center.
International Football, Portugal: Cristiano Ronaldo waived a commitment at the next internationals of the Portuguese national team. This was announced by selection coach Fernando Santos at the release of the squad for the encounters in Poland on 11 October and in Scotland on 14 October in Lisbon. The 33-year-old striker Juventus Turin should not be considered in the next but one international match week. Reasons for this decision were not disclosed. Ronaldo had firmly rejected rape allegations on Wednesday. "There was a conversation with me, the player and the head of the association (Fernando Gomes), and together we agreed that the player will not be available at this and the next nomination," Santos said Thursday.
Asked questions the coach of the European Champions of 2016, he was convinced that the captain will someday play again for the national team. The question of whether he knew how Ronaldo currently feels in the face of a US-American accusations did not want Santos answering. "It's a private matter," he said simply. A little later, however, he also declared: "I know Cristiano very well and I fully believe that what he says is true." The news agency Lusa Meanwhile, Gomes, President of the Union, said: "In my name and on behalf of the Portuguese Football Federation, I express my full solidarity to Cristiano Ronaldo at a time when his name and reputation are being questioned." He believes the innocent claims of the professionals. It was not just the principle of presumption of innocence. "I have known Ronaldo for many years and can testify to his good character," explained Gomes.