Showdown in London: defending champion Magnus Carlsen and challenger Fabiano Caruana play for the World Chess Championship. Follow the duel in our live ticker.
It is a duel on equal terms: Chess World Champion Magnus Carlsen (Elo: 2835) wants to defend his title in London against challenger Fabiano Caruana (Elo: 2832). Caruana has shown strong form in the last months before the World Cup and can be seriously dangerous for the Norwegian.
The Chess World Cup in Liveticker
12 games are scheduled to determine the new World Chess Champion. For a game won, the winner receives one point, in a draw both players each receive half a point – who has at least earned at least 6.5 points first, is chess champion 2018.
Chess grandmaster Stefan Kindermann comments on SZ.de all games in the live ticker. Through an interactive chessboard, you can follow the moves live and then click through the games again.
All games and live scores here at a glance:
- Game 1 – Friday, November 9th
- Game 2 – Saturday, November 10th
- Game 3 – Monday, November 12th
- Game 4 – Tuesday, November 13th
- Game 5 – Thursday, November 15th
- Game 6 – Friday, November 16th
- Game 7 – Sunday, 18th November
- Game 8 – Monday, November 19th
- Game 9 – Wednesday, 21st November
- Game 10 – Thursday, November 22nd
- Game 11 – Saturday, November 24th
- Game 12 – Monday, November 26th