The results of the night in the NBA
Celtics @ Hornets : 118-121
Nuggets @ Pistons 107-103
Bucks @ Wizards : 142-129
Heat @ Bulls : 118-100
Knicks @ Wolves : 100-117
Kings @ Pelicans : 93-129
Clippers @ Spurs : 124-99
Rockets @ Warriors : 116-121
Ep #120: The MVP race is off to a strong start, our losing stories
– Miles Bridges, long suspended for revolting extra-sporting acts, celebrated his return to the Hornets’ five with a decisive 3-point basket in overtime against the Celtics. Behind, Jayson Tatum got three shots to clinch a second overtime, but missed the last one giving Charlotte the victory. Before that, Tatum (45 points, 13 rebounds and 6 assists) and LaMelo Ball (36 pts, 9 rebounds, 8 asts and a leading role in the 9-0 to win overtime), had engaged in a huge duel.
Celtics-Hornets ending was WILD 😳
Miles Bridges hit a clutch 3 but Tatum missed the game-tying FT. pic.twitter.com/O3uhUNnddp
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) November 21, 2023
– Even with Nikola Jokic being ejected for a second technical foul before halftime, the Pistons were unable to defeat the Nuggets and avoid a 12th straight loss. Reggie Jackson scored 21 points and carried Denver in the 4th quarter.
– Minnesota is still leader of the West – we will never get used to this sentence – after its fairly large victory against the Knicks. The Wolves are 8-0 at home and took advantage of the connection between Anthony Edwards (23 pts, 10 rebounds, 5 asts) and Karl-Anthony Towns (20 pts) to continue their good momentum (9 victories in 10 matches ). The bad news of the evening remains the injury to Jaden McDaniels, who landed badly on KAT’s foot and was forced to leave his partners along the way.
– Despite the Wizards’ new heavy defeat, this time against Milwaukee and a titanic Giannis Antetokounmpo (42 pts, 13 rebounds, 8 asts at 20/23), Bilal Coulibaly stood out, still in lightening mode in the gray. The French rookie compiled 20 points, 7 rebounds, 4 steals and 4 3-point baskets.
A solid performance yesterday from @Bilaal_6.
📊 20 PTS, 7 REB, 4 3PT, 4 STL pic.twitter.com/qHEeq2E4u6
— Washington Wizards (@WashWizards) November 13, 2023
– The Splash Brothers put Golden State back on the straight and narrow. Stephen Curry’s 32 points against Houston, for his 7th game of the season with more than 30 points, and the boost from Klay Thompson (20 pts, his best performance of the season in the NBA), were valuable.
– Miami resumed its march forward with an 8th victory in 9 matches against Chicago without trembling for a second in the wake of Bam Adebayo (23 pts, 11 rebounds).
– End of series for the Kings, swept away in New Orleans, where the Pelicans relied on a Brandon Ingram duo (31 pts at 5/5 at 3 pts) – Zion Williamson (26 pts at 12/16) ultra dominant, for celebrate the return to the group of this fierce balloon thief, José Alvarado. Sacramento was on 6 straight victories.
– The Clippers are at 2/2 with their new formula. The Californians unsurprisingly won in San Antonio with 28 points from Paul George, 21 from Kawhi Leonard and a small double-double from James Harden (13 pts, 10 asts). Victor Wembanyama, exempt from appearing in front of the press after the match, did not have a great evening (9 pts, 4 asts, 3 rebounds, 2 blks at 4/12) and was unable to prevent the 9th consecutive defeat of the Spurs.
#Miles #Bridges #clutch #Giannis #titanesque