An earthquake hit southern Turkey and Syria on Monday morning. More than 4,000 people died in it, and many people still remain under the rubble. Under them was also Hatayspor player Christian Atsu. Western media reported in the afternoon that the Ghanaian had already been rescued. These reports were quickly denied by Hatayspor’s vice president, Mustafa Ozat.
Christian Atsu saved. The vice president of the club confirms
Many fans were concerned for the life of the footballer, who was still trapped under the rubble. On Tuesday morning, February 7, Turkish journalist Yagiz Sabuncuoglu gave good news in this matter. As he reported on Twitter, Atsu was pulled from the collapsed house.
This was soon also confirmed by Hatayspor vice-president Mustafa Ozat. – Christian Atsu was pulled out of the rubble wounded. He was taken to the hospital with injuries. We are impressed with the work of the services. We are approaching the end of the most dangerous hours – he said in an interview with Rada Gol. A club official also added that sporting director Taner Savut was still buried under the rubble.
Ozat also said that the team will leave town. – The team will leave Hatay. The Turkish Football Federation has made the necessary preparations for departure. The whole team is in the club facilities with our coach Volkan Demirel. From there they go to Adana, he told Anadolu.
You can find more of this kind of content on the home page Gazeta.pl
Christian Atsu joined Hatayspor in September 2022. He previously played for Chelsea, Newcastle United and FC Porto, among others. He has made four appearances this season. He scored his only goal the day before the tragic events. After 21 rounds, Hatayspor is 14th in the table with 23 points. He is one point above the relegation zone. Due to the earthquake, the local Super League games have been suspended until further notice.