The results of the night in the NBA
Clippers @ Mavs : 112-98
Pelicans @ Heat : 96-100
Knicks @ Raptors : 116-125
Thunder @ Nuggets : 101-99
Grizzlies @ Suns : 110-112
Nets @ Warriors : 120-116
Lakers @ Blazers : 121-112
MVP Race vol. 3: Two Slavs and a Celtic, the suspense remains
– The Grizzlies and the Nuggets continue to marry a sufficiently parallel trajectory to engage in a duel top of the Western Conference. Denver could have taken off in the event of a home victory against OKC, since Memphis fell to Phoenix. In the end, both lost:
- Denver was again playing without Nikola Jokic, hit in the hamstrings. Despite this, the Nuggets have not gone that far from a 10th consecutive victory in the NBA. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander came to thwart their plans with 34 points, but above all a game winner with the board 9 seconds from the end.
SGA BUCKET. THUNDER LEAD IN DENVER WITH 9 SECONDS TO GO
- Memphis is the new victim of Suns clearly finding a way to win games without Devin Booker after a very sluggish period. Phoenix could count on the comeback of Chris Paul, which did not fail to show critics that it was not “washed”. With 22 points and 11 assists, CP3 sounded the charge and was at the origin of the advantage of 29 points taken by Phoenix in the 3rd quarter. The Grizzlies are tough guys and have almost completely erased their backlog, but the Monty Williams gang held on. The two successful throws by Dario Saric in the dying seconds got the better of Memphis’ ardor. This is the third straight victory for Phoenix, back to 7th place.
– The Lakers have managed a very nice shot in Portland. Trailing by 25 points in the first half, LeBron James and his comrades gradually caught up and then moved into the lead for a 3rd victory in 4 matches. The “King” was again huge with 37 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 blocks, but it is undoubtedly the contribution of Thomas Bryant (31 pts, 14 rebounds) and Dennis Schroeder (24 pts, 8 pds, 6 rebounds) which made the difference.
What a night for Thomas Bryant:
– 31 points
– 14 rebounds
– 4 threes
– 80% FG
– 25 point Lakers comeback W pic.twitter.com/xrSw14QnD7
On the Portland side, Anfernee Simons (31 pts) and Damian Lillard (24 pts, 10 wt) failed to avoid a third straight loss and a slide to 13th place in the West, just behind the Lakers…
– The Clippers produced an excellent second half to win their game against the Mavs. Led at the break, the Californians accelerated and bet on the trio Kawhi Leonard (30 pts), Paul George (21 pts), Norman Powell (19 pts) to turn the situation around and get closer to this same Dallas team in the standings. Los Angeles is 6th, just behind the Mavs.
The 29 points, 10 rebounds and 4 assists of Luka Doncic were not enough. Nicolas Batum brought him 8 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocks off the bench.
– The Warriors are even struggling to win at home now … While they were racing ahead, Steve Kerr’s players still squandered their advantage and bowed to the Nets. Focused on Kyrie Irvingrightly given the match he was doing (38 pts, 9 pds, 7 rbds) in the money time, the Californians were pierced by Royce O’Neale 3 points 28 seconds from the end for a basket that folded the case, while Golden State led by 13 points with 7 minutes remaining. Nic Claxton signed his personal bests in the NBA in points and number of rebounds with a 24-15 which feels good.
The defending champions are 10th in the West, while Brooklyn is 4th on the other side, with a record identical to that of Milwaukee, 3rd.
Kyrie dropped 30+ for the 3rd time in his last 4 games as the Nets won at Golden State 🔥
9 AST pic.twitter.com/YTE3KXDfn3
– The Knicks really don’t work playoffs. Right now they are launched on a bad. New York conceded a fourth consecutive defeat on the floor of Toronto. Without Mitchell Robinson inside, Thibodeau’s troop found itself a bit helpless. She committed too many lost balls, very often sanctioned by the Raptors of Fred VanVleet (28 pts) and Pascal I’m sorry (24 pts).
RJ Barrett scored 30 points in vain, whileEvan Fournier played 21 minutes off the bench for 8 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists.
– Miami resumed its march forward by limiting New Orleans under 100 points and erasing a 16-point deficit. It took Tyler Herro (26 pts) and Kyle Lowry, clutch with 9 points in the last 3 minutes, accelerate for the Heat to take over in front of their audience. The 24 ball losses of the Pelicans, still deprived of Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram, helped the Floridians, 6th in the Eastern Conference.