The results of the night in the NBA
Bulls @ Pacers : 110-116
Celtics @ Heat : 95-98
Cavs @ Knicks : 103-105
Nuggets @ Pelicans : 99-98
Wizards @ Mavs : 127-126
Hornets @ Suns : 97-128
Clippers @ Lakers : 133-115
Podcast #74: Sacramento Kings, Revenge of the Unloved
– MVP: Serbian player who, after missing two matches, wins his team against a team at the top of the table with a triple-double and a decisive basket 16 seconds from the end. This is the definition that should be found in the next Larousse. Nikola Jokic helped the Nuggets win on the floor of the Pelicans with a floater in the last seconds and a very good copy: 25 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists.
NOLA’s victory would have been a minor heist, as Denver led for most of the game and was up to 19 points before the Pelicans reversed the situation to lead by one point in the final minute.
The fact that a triple-double and a game winner feels like a regular for Nikola Jokic is just wild.
– LeBron James continues to defy time and space, but… in vain. The King put on a stunning individual performance, even by his own standards, in the Los Angeles derby. With 46 points and 9 3-pointers – his NBA record – LeBron did everything to keep the Lakers afloat, but his copy only brought him one step closer to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s record. The excellence of the “Chosen One” was not enough and the Clippers earned their 10th consecutive victory against their LA neighbors
46 points and a CAREER-HIGH 9 threes for @KingJames.
He’s the first player age 35 or older to make 9+ threes. pic.twitter.com/T7qAK2Ra0d
Once the gap has been created thanks to Paul George (27 pts) and Kawhi Leonard (25 pts), with 19 3-point baskets, we never saw the Lakers again and LeBron even finished the game on the bench, although he probably had 50 points or more in his legs. As a consolation, he can now boast of having scored 40 points at least once against EVERY team in the league.
Nicolas Batum brought 4 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists and 1 block off the bench. The Clippers are on 3 straight wins and double Dallas with this success.
– The Mavs, precisely, are not doing very well and this was confirmed at home against Washington. Despite the 41 points, 15 rebounds and 6 assists of Luka Doncic, the Texans suffered a 7th defeat in 10 games. Everything was decided on the line and in the final seconds. In frustration, the Slovenian ripped his shirt off after missing a free throw that would have sent Dallas into the lead with 12 seconds remaining.
Behind, it’s his fault on Kyle Kuzma (30 pts) which allowed the former Laker, even with only one out of two successful throws, to offer the victory to the Wizards. On the last possession, Delon Wright managed to steal the ball to prevent Spencer Dinwiddie from taking a final shot.
– Bam Adebayo (30 pts, 15 rbds) continues to make itself essential for a place of replacement at the All-Star Game. Without him, the Heat wouldn’t have been able to topple Boston and limit the Celtics to 13 points in the final quarter. It was on a shot from the same Adebayo 20 seconds from the end that Miami took the lead for good against the best team in the NBA this season.
En l’absence de Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum still did his best with 31 points, 14 rebounds and 7 assists.
– After four straight losses, the Knicks hung on and defeated Cleveland at Madison Square Garden. Julius Randle was huge with 36 points, 13 rebounds and 8 3-pointers to get New York moving forward.
Donovan Mitchell, who was returning from a three-game absence, fell on a bone in the money time, despite his 24 points, 8 assists and 8 rebounds.
– The Bulls are not fully cured and they can blame themselves. While they remained on three straight wins and faced Pacers still deprived of Tyrese Haliburton, they missed out in Indiana. Chicago had a 21-point lead in the first half before squandering that lead. Billy Donovan’s players cracked under the blows of Bennedict Mathurinauthor of the most important basket of the match with 29 seconds remaining, and Myles Turner (26 pts).
The Pacers remained on 7 consecutive defeats.
– Phoenix managed to ride out the storm. Here’s the Suns on a four-game winning streak, following their uneventful success at home against Charlotte. We must remember that before that, Chris Paul and his comrades had 12 defeats in 14 matches and we were not sure that the good weather would follow the rain. Nothing is guaranteed yet, but Monty Williams has found solutions in the absence of Devin Booker. Tonight is Cam Johnson who sounded the charge with 24 points in just 18 minutes.
The Suns are in 7th place, tied with the Mavs, and are no longer far from the top 4.