Organizer ASO has today presented the route of Liège-Bastogne-Liège (m/f) on April 23. The final with the Col de la Redoute will look a little different. At the end of that infamous climb, Remco Evenepoel placed his decisive breakaway on his way to victory last year, now he turns right 300 meters before the top.
On the toughest part of the slope it goes like this after a descent towards the Côte de Cornémont, which is not officially included as a slope, after which the Côte de Forges is attacked.
This is followed by the very last ascent of the Roche-aux-Faucons in this 109th edition of “La Doyenne” for men. After 258.5 km we know the successor of Remco Evenepoel.
The 10 slopes of the day:
- Coast of La Roche-en-Ardenne, km 69.7 – 2.8 km, 6.2%
- Côte de Saint-Roch, km 117 – 1 km, 11.2%
- Côte de Wanne, km 173.5 – 3.6 km, 5.1%
- Stockeu Coast, 180 km – 1 km, 12.5%
- Côte de la Haute-Levée, km 184.2 – 2.2 km, 7.5%
- Col du Rosier, 198.5 km – 4.4 km, 5.9%
- Cote de Desnié, 211.8 km – 1.6 km, 8.1%
- Côte de la Redoute, km 224.5 – 1.6 km, 9.4%
- Forges Coast, 235.2 km – 1.3 km, 7.8%
- Roche-aux-Faucons coast, km 245.2 – 1.3 km, 11%
Unique trilogy of slopes for women
For the women, the top classic from Liège is in its seventh edition, they drive 140 kilometers between Bastogne and Liège. They complete the last 89 km of the men’s final, covering 8 hills.
For the first time they do the famous trilogy “Wanne-Stockeu-Haute-Levée”, the ascent of the Stockeu is a first.
- Côte de Wanne, km 55 – 3.6 km, 5.1%
- Stockeu Coast, 51.6 km – 1 km, 12.5%
- Côte de la Haute-Levée, km 65.8 – 2.2 km, 7.5%
- Col du Rosier, 80 km – 4.4 km, 5.9%
- Cote de Desnié, 93.3 km – 1.6 km, 8.1%
- Côte de la Redoute, km 106.1 – 1.6 km, 9.4%
- Forges Coast, 116.8 miles – 1.3 miles, 7.8%
- Côte de la Roche-aux-Faucons, km 126.7 – 1.3 km, 11%
Wildcards in men
ASO also handed out its wildcards for the Ardennes classics. Bingoal WB, Flanders-Baloise, the Norwegian Uno-X and the Spanish Kern Pharma are allowed to start in Liège-Bastogne-Liège.
With this, the organization invited exactly the same teams as last year. The 18 WorldTeams and the best 3 ProTeams have starting rights anyway.
Invitations were sent to Bingoal WB, Uno-X, Kern Pharma and the Spanish Burgos-BH for the Walloon Arrow, which will take place on Wednesday 19 April. The latter team is new in the field of participants compared to last year. It replaces the closed B&B Hotels.