A nice reward
Caroline Garcia won more votes than Olympic figure skating champion Gabrielle Papadakis and four-time cycling world champion Pauline Ferrand-Prévôt.
World number 4 in tennis, she recounts today in the Team, during a fascinating interview, a season filled with tears, sleepless nights and bouts of bulimia on which she had never confided.
Justine Braisaz, the Savoyard biathlete, crowned Olympic champion on the mass-start in Beijing, ranks 6th.
1. Caroline Garcia (tennis) : 837 points
2. Gabrielle Papadakis (figure skating): 490 pts
3. Pauline Ferrand-Prévôt (cycling): 475 pts
4. Mathilde Gros (cycling): 287 pts
5. Romane Dicko (judo) : 221 pts
6. Justine Braisaz (biathlon) : 197 pts
7. Tessa Worley (ski akpin) : 155 pts
8. Laëtitia Guapo (basketball): 106 pts
9. Wendie Renard (football) : 44 pts
10. Ysaora Thibus (fencing): 27 pts
𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐋’𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐈𝐑𝐄. 🏆🇫🇷
Caroline Garcia becomes the second French woman to win the WTA Masters after Amélie Mauresmo in 2005. #WTAFinals
YOU ARE JUST HUGE CARO 💙 pic.twitter.com/6BHwB5P4d2
— FFT (@FFTennis) November 8, 2022