John Njue Kibue, 24, fell from the eighth floor of the stadium on Saturday while on duty.
The man was taken to hospital with severe head injuries and pelvic fractures, where he died on Tuesday 13 December.
“We want justice. We want to know what caused his death. We have not been sent a picture to show where he fell from – we have not been given any information,” said Ann Wanjiru, sister of the deceased.
“We don’t have the money to go to court, but we want to know what happened,” the sister added.
The organizers of the World Cup have released a statement regarding the incident.
“It is with regret that we have to announce that, despite the efforts of doctors, he died on Tuesday, December 13, after three days of treatment in the intensive care unit. His relatives have been informed. We express our condolences to his family, colleagues and friends at this difficult time,” the statement said.
“The organizers of the Qatar tournament are urgently investigating the circumstances of the incident in order to find out what led to the fall. We will inform you about the results of the investigation,” said the statement, which also indicated that compensation will be paid to the family.
Kibue moved to Qatar in November to work for a local security firm. He is the second tournament official to die during the World Cup. In November, a Filipino man was killed while doing renovations at the home of the Saudi national team.
The Guardian newspaper reported last year that 6,500 migrant workers have died in Qatar since 2010, when the country was awarded the right to host the World Cup.
The Qatari authorities have denied the information spread by the British media, claiming that there were three construction deaths directly related to the soccer World Cup. The death toll rises to 400-500 when all infrastructure projects are taken into account.