archysport

Newsletter

World Cup 2022: Politicians are arguing about the obligation to wear masks during public viewing

live ticker WM 2022

“Out of touch with reality” – politicians argue about the obligation to wear masks during public viewing

These are Germany’s group opponents in Qatar

At the World Cup in Qatar, the expectations of the German team are once again high. Spain, a football heavyweight, is already waiting for the DFB team in the group phase. The other two group opponents should not be self-runners either.

Before the World Cup, politicians are discussing the corona risks in public viewing. The proposal to make masks compulsory indoors is met with little approval. Also: A DFB star is missing in training because of illness. All news and information in the World Cup ticker.

GHealth politicians warn of caution when indoor public viewing due to a possible corona infection. So far it has been possible to reduce the severity of the disease through vaccinations and to slow down the infection dynamics, said Green health politician Janosch Dahmen to the editorial network Germany. “But the truth is that the pandemic is not over yet and that certain basic measures to protect people at risk and to avoid staff shortages in the healthcare system are still necessary. From a medical point of view, this also includes wearing a mask indoors and outdoors, where it is impossible to keep your distance in the dense crowd.”

For Union health politician Stephan Pilsinger, however, a mask requirement “would be unrealistic given the increased beer consumption and the heated atmosphere.” He suggested other measures to the RND: “Either the organizer just lets as many guests into the pub or hall as there are seats or he insists on a negative rapid test if he wants that for the safety of his guests.”

This is where you will find third-party content

In order to display embedded content, your revocable consent to the transmission and processing of personal data is required, since the providers of the embedded content require this consent as third-party providers [In diesem Zusammenhang können auch Nutzungsprofile (u.a. auf Basis von Cookie-IDs) gebildet und angereichert werden, auch außerhalb des EWR]. By setting the switch to “on”, you agree to this (which can be revoked at any time). This also includes your consent to the transfer of certain personal data to third countries, including the USA, in accordance with Art. 49 (1) (a) GDPR. You can find more information about this. You can withdraw your consent at any time via the switch and via privacy at the bottom of the page.

11:56 a.m .: Bierhoff does not see the DFB team as favorites

For DFB director Oliver Bierhoff, the German team is “not the tournament favourite”, but nevertheless a candidate for winning the title. First of all, it is crucial to start the tournament on top against Japan. “We are warned to be fully focused from the first minute. Then anything is possible with the team,” said Bierhoff on Saturday in Al-Shamal. He sees “no super team” in the field of participants, but named Argentina and Brazil as “strong” teams.

Bierhoff sees all possibilities for national coach Hansi Flick in the line-up next Wednesday (2 p.m. / ARD) in the Chalifa International Stadium against Japan. “It would be bad if Hansi had no options, that would give me a headache,” said Bierhoff. The national coach already has the core of the starting eleven in mind.

11:22 a.m .: Qatar cuts pocket money for paid fans

also read

11:03 am: Infantino’s bizarre performance

also read

Fifa President Gianni Infantino caused the first World Cup scandal with a bizarre press conference one day before the opening game

Infantino’s bizarre appearance

10:47 a.m.: Japan seals itself off

Germany’s first group opponent Japan is increasingly trying to isolate itself before the opening match in Qatar. Training should be open for 15 minutes on Saturday, and in the coming days training should be largely closed to the public, as coach Hajime Moriyasu said, according to the Japanese media. “We have to focus on ourselves and prepare for the first game against Germany,” said Moriyasu.

10:10 a.m.: Bruno Fernandes clarifies via social media video with Ronaldo

Portugal international soccer player Bruno Fernandes has called the much-discussed video of himself and team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo a joke and dismissed personal issues with the superstar. “I don’t have a problem with anyone,” said the midfielder before the start of the World Cup on Portuguese Sky Sport News. A video had previously caused a stir on social networks, which is supposed to show how the two Manchester United team-mates greet each other at the national team. Fernandes reacted extremely coolly to the 37-year-old.

“Did you hear it with sound? The sound shows that we’re having fun,” Fernandes said of the scene. The video was then published by the association with sound, which dissolved the scene. “Then people would know what it’s about,” said the 28-year-old midfielder. Ronaldo had previously sharply criticized his club Manchester United in an interview.

also read

9:50 a.m .: Filling jug is missing in DFB training

National coach Hansi Flick completed the first team training session in Qatar with Thomas Müller and Antonio Rüdiger, but without Niclas Füllkrug. Bremen center forward Füllkrug was absent from the German national soccer team’s unity on Saturday morning at the Al-Shamal Sports Club stadium because of a flu infection. It is unclear whether the 29-year-old will be available in the German World Cup opener against Japan on Wednesday. According to DFB director Oliver Bierhoff, there is no precise forecast yet. Füllkrug scored the winning goal on his international debut in the difficult 1-0 win in the last World Cup friendly on Wednesday in Muscat against Oman.

Before the football World Cup - preparation

Niclas Füllkrug was absent from the training ground on Saturday morning

Source: dpa/Christian Charisius

Bayern professional Müller and Real defender Rüdiger returned to team training as planned after being out for several weeks due to injury. In the first quarter of an hour, which was public for the media, which Flick opened with two short, loud whistles, neither had any recognizable problems. Müller had to pause at Bayern because of muscular problems, as did defender Antonio Rüdiger, who had a hip injury, at Real Madrid.

7:32 am: Klinsmann: “Should give Qatar a chance”

Former national coach Jürgen Klinsmann rejects prejudice against the World Cup hosts. “The discussion about Qatar should have been conducted much earlier. Now you should simply give Qatar the chance to implement the World Cup. They deserve it and it’s the first time a World Cup has been held in the region. The stadiums are first class, the games will be great, I’m sure of that,” said the 1990 world champion of the “Rheinische Post”.

also read

After his impressions from last year’s Arab Cup, Klinsmann expects a fantastic atmosphere in Qatar. “The stadiums will tremble, there will be a great atmosphere. And there will also be fan festivals in Doha – but in a different way. It’s clear that the fans in Germany go into the tournament in an unusual mood, we’re used to celebrating these football festivals in the summer. We should just give the whole thing a chance and hope that the team will carry us away with great football,” added the former star striker.

4:23 a.m.: US Secretary of State travels to Qatar

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken will travel to Qatar. He will support the US national team in their first game against Wales on Monday in the stands, his ministry said in Washington. During Blinken’s two-day trip to the emirate, he will also meet Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani. The Foreign Ministry reiterated on Friday that the human rights situation in the country is a “regular topic” in talks with the country’s government.

Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter
LinkedIn
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending