Genshin Impact is a game that released tons of beloved characters. Among these are some really powerful DPS characters, some of whom use a bow. Ganyu is consistently considered one of the strongest characters in the game, especially when properly built.
– Advertising –
Ganyu’s playstyle in Genshin Impact
Ganyu is a five-star cryo arc user who can be used in a DPS or Support role. His Charged Shots are his main source of DPS and at level two will create a secondary AoE shot that deals wild damage. If you want to try it out as a support, its Elemental Burst is extremely effective at setting up elemental reactions like Melt and Freeze due to its low internal cooldown quickly applying Cryo to enemies. Due to this adaptability, Ganyu can be used in various team builds.
Related: All fishing locations in Liyue in Genshin Impact
Best Weapons for Ganyu in Genshin Impact
After a year and a half since its release, its most successful weapon is now the new Hunter’s path. This weapon can only be obtained from the weapon banner, however, and it doesn’t quite match it aesthetically. The weapon designed for Ganyu, Arc d’Amos, can be obtained passively through the standard banner. If you ended up with an Amos bow on your account this way, shooting for Ganyu so she can use it properly would be a smart move.
If you don’t have a five star bow for her, Croissant prototype or hamayumi are good four-star budget options that you can create with tickets.
Best Artifacts for Ganyu in Genshin Impact
Due to his versatility, Ganyu can use many four-piece sets of artifacts. If you’re building it to do damage, consider using the golden dreams or Troop of Wanderers sets of artifacts. If you want to use it as an Elemental Burst support unit, try nobility obliges or Vagabond Blizzard. Both builds benefit from Ganyu’s high effect CRIT Rate and CRIT Damage, Offensiveet Elemental Mastery. If you go the Elemental Burst support path, you might consider trying to give it more Energy recharge to increase the availability of his Burst.
Ganyu Skills in Genshin Impact
Normal Attack: Liutian Archery
- normal attack
- Perform up to six consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged Attack
- Perform a more accurate aimed shot with increased damage.
- While aiming, an icy aura will build up on the tip of the arrow before the arrow is fired. Has different effects depending on how long the energy has been charged:
- Charge Level One: Fires an icy arrow that deals Cryo damage.
- Charge Level Two: Fires a Frostflake arrow that deals Cryo damage. The Frostflake arrow blooms after hitting its target, dealing AoE Cryo damage.
- Diving attack
- Fires a shower of arrows into the air before falling and hitting the ground, dealing AoE damage on impact.
Elemental Skill: Qilin Path
- Leaving a single Ice Lotus behind, Ganyu dashes back, evading any impurity and dealing AoE Cryo damage.
- ice lotus
- Continuously taunts surrounding opponents, drawing them in to attack him.
- Endurance scales based on Ganyu’s Max HP.
- Blooms profusely when destroyed or after its duration expires, dealing AoE Cryo damage.
- ice lotus
Elemental Burst: Celestial Rain
- Merges atmospheric frost and snow to summon a sacred Cryo Pearl that exorcises evil.
- For the duration of its ability, the Sacred Cryo Pearl will continuously rain down ice shards, hitting opponents in an AoE and dealing Cryo damage.
- Kept for hunting
- Refunds 15% of the ore used when crafting bow-type weapons.
- undivided heart
- After firing a Frostflake Arrow, the CRIT Rate of subsequent Frostflake Arrows and their resulting bloom effects are increased by 20% for five seconds.
- Harmony between heaven and earth
- Celestial Shower grants 20% bonus Cryo damage to active party members in AoE.
Related: Arc of Amos: How to Get, Ascension, Stats & Who Can Use It in Genshin Impact
Constellations of Ganyu in Genshin Impact
- dew drinker: Constellation level one.
- Level 2 Charge Frostflake Arrows or Frostflake Arrow Flowers decrease opponents Cryo Resistance by 15% for six seconds after hit.
- One hit also regenerates two energies for Ganyu.
- This effect can only occur once per charge level two frostflake arrow, whether the frostflake arrow itself or its bloom hits the target.
- The auspicious: Constellation level two.
- Trail of the Qilin gains an additional charge.
- Cloud-Strider: Constellation level three.
- Increases Celestial Rain level by three. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- stay west: Constellation level four.
- Opponents within Celestial Shower’s AoE take increased damage. This effect increases over time.
- The increase in damage taken starts at 5% and increases by 5% every three seconds, up to a maximum of 25%.
- The effect persists for three seconds after the opponent leaves the AoE.
- The Merciful: Constellation level five.
- Increases the Qilin’s track level by three. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- The Clement: Constellation level six.
- Using Trail of the Qilin causes Frostflake Arrow’s next shot within 30 seconds to not require a charge.
What you’ll need to level Ganyu in Genshin Impact
Most of the materials Ganyu needs are easy to get at the start of the game as she is a Liyue character. If you need help finding the materials, check out our farming guide.
Best party members for Ganyu
If you’re building Ganyu to be a team’s primary DPS, surround her with Anemo support units like Sale or Sucrose or Hydro and Pyro support units like Kokomi or Bennett. In a support role, Ganyu can boost a frozen team with Ayaka or ayato. She can also set up fusion reactions for Pyro DPS characters such as Diluc or Yoimiya.
For more Genshin Impact content, check out Best Mona Build in Genshin Impact – Weapons, Artifacts, and More! on Pro Game Guides.