september 22, 2022 09:08
The first round of the Badminton League’s basic game had a bit of everything: close matches, league debut, distribution of eggs and not least lots of good badminton. Another round of the Badminton League awaits tonight, and it promises to be an exciting round. Read more about tonight’s matches here!
At home in the city of smiles, Aarhus AB takes on Værløse. They are next to each other in the table, so it is set for a genuine horror if you ask the home team’s coach, Thomas Damsgård.
– I think that it will be a very exciting match tonight and that one of the teams will win 5-4. I hope it will be in our favor. We have the home ground and with the players who have joined the team in the new season, I think we have a good chance to emerge victorious from tonight’s match, says Thomas Damgård.
According to Damsgård, the league has many good teams that can beat each other.
– There are 7-8 teams in the league that can beat each other – and I think the season will be characterized by many teams beating each other. Værløse is one of the teams that we hope we can beat. They have a notoriously good team, but so do we, so I’m sure it will be an even game.
Aarhus AB plays on home turf – and that might change the outcome, says Damsgård.
– We are chronically best at home in Aarhus. This is where we train all year, and we have the audience behind us, which is a big advantage. We have a good home record, and we hope it continues tonight, says Thomas.
Gentofte faces a difficult match at home against Solrød Strand, who started the hunt for DM gold by handing out eggs to Odense OBK. While Solrød Strand won in the first round of the Badminton League, the home team lost to the defending champions from Vendsyssel with 4-5.
Despite Gentofte’s defeat in the first round, Victor Kaufmann can go into the second round with confidence in his luggage. Not only did he make his league debut on Tuesday, he also beat the Danish champion from 2021, Victor Svendsen.
Gentofte’s Rasmus Kjær also had a good run in the first round, where he won both the mixed doubles and men’s doubles.
In Højbjerg, the stove is set for an exciting match when Højbjerg/Via Biler will take on Team Skælskør-Slagelse. Both teams won in the first round, which is why both teams enter the field undefeated.
Last season Højbjerg drew the longest straw when they won away from home against TSS with the smallest possible margin 5-4. Whether TSS manages to take revenge and get the shovel under Højbjerg, we will find out tonight, when the two teams have a duel.
The league promotions from Kastrup-Magleby, KMB2010, are back in the league after many years of absence. In the first round, they did not manage to take home a victory – however, it turned out to be two victories, which means that they got on the scoreboard in the overall account.
Tonight they meet the defending champions from Vendsyssel, who with a narrow victory over Gentofte will be guaranteed to fight for every single point.
Click here and read about the first round of the Badminton League
In Odense, the home team will try to make up for Tuesday’s big defeat. The team lost 0-9 away in Solrød strand, which is why they must be hungry for points for the table. Odense OBK must try to pick up these points when they take on Skovshoved, who have several notable players on the team card including, among others, the sibling pair Line and Mads Christophersen, Rasmus Gemke, Kristin Kuuba, Carsten Mogensen and Lasse Mølhede.
Below you can get an overview of the program for the second round of the Badminton League 2022/2023:
- 18:30 – Gentofte vs. Sunny Beach
- 18:30 – Højbjerg/Via Biler vs. Team Skælskør-Slagelse
- 18:30 – Odense OBK – Skovshoved
- 18:30 – Aarhus AB vs. Worthless
- 19:00 – KMB2010 vs. Turnaround
Tags: Aarhus AB, Badminton League, Gentofte Badminton Club, Højbjerg/ViaBiler, KMB2010, Odense Badminton Club, Skovshoved, Solrød Strand, Team Skælskør-Slagelse, Værløse, Vendsyssel
Category: Badminton league, Front page, Team tournament