• Goffans, who played in the Davis Cup the previous week, capitulated (3:6, 3:6) to the 37-year-old French veteran Gilles Simon (ATP 175), who is playing his last professional season, in an hour and a half, ending a two-game losing streak.
• Awarded by the tournament organizers wild-card received Simons will compete against the Italian Lorenzo Sonego (ATP 65) in the next round.
• After playing 65 minutes, being in the lead with 6:4, 2:1 and a break advantage, Bergs had to withdraw from the further fight due to injury, who gave the ticket to the round of 16 to Georgian tennis player Nikoloz Basilashvili (ATP 36th), who has been in bad shape for the last three months, losing six matches in a row.
• Basilashvili, who achieved his last “proper” success at the end of June, will try to surprise the French athlete Artur Rindernech (ATP 60th) in the round of 16, who tonight in two hours nokoda (6:2, 2:6, 7:5) Spaniard Jaimi Munaru (ATP 56).
• Last week, Emils Rúsuvuori (ATP 51st), who forged a crushing victory (5:0) over New Zealand in the Davis Cup world group I with two singles successes of the Finnish team, defeated (6:4, 6:4) the 20-year-old Czech tennis player in the first round of the Metz tournament Jirži Lehečku (ATP 63.).