archysport

Newsletter

BVB professional Nico Schulz denies allegations of domestic violence

DAccording to his club, the Dortmund Bundesliga professional Nico Schulz rejects allegations of domestic violence. “Nico Schulz has informed us that he will defend himself against these allegations with the help of a lawyer and that he will also claim the presumption of innocence,” said BVB on Sunday.

At the request of the German Press Agency, the public prosecutor’s office in Dortmund had previously confirmed investigations into the 29-year-old former international and a house search, which was first reported by “Bild am Sonntag”.

“The allegations made, of which Borussia Dortmund was not aware until the media reports, weigh extremely heavily and are shocking for BVB,” said BVB. “Borussia Dortmund takes them very seriously and distances themselves from any form of violence. However, Borussia Dortmund is not a party to the proceedings and has no access to the investigation files or the criminal complaint that has apparently been filed.”

According to “Bild am Sonntag”, the allegations were made by a former friend of Schulz, who was not in the squad for BVB’s Bundesliga game against Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday evening. The Bundesliga professional’s social media profiles on Twitter and Instagram were deactivated late Saturday evening.

Schulz played twelve international matches

“Borussia Dortmund took yesterday’s media reports regarding criminal allegations – concerning Nico Schulz’s private life – as an opportunity to immediately hold a conversation with the player and his advisors,” wrote BVB. “The player denies the criminal charges against him.”

Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter
LinkedIn
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending