Burke takes care of the Bremen party |
Werder madness in stoppage time
Werder madness again!
In injury time, the promoted team from Bremen saves a point against Stuttgart. Ex-Leipziger Burke poked the ball into the goal to make it 2-2 in added time (90th minute + 5).
The Scot scored his last Bundesliga goal for Leipzig in 2016 in a 1-1 draw in Cologne. Bremen brought him back to the Bundesliga from Sheffield in the summer.
After the 2:2 at the start of the season in Wolfsburg, the next draw for Werder. Also for VfB, who had managed a 1-1 draw against Leipzig on the first matchday.
4. Minute: 1:0! Header cracker by Füllkrug from eleven meters after a sharp young cross. The goalscorer (fit in time after a thigh contusion) is literally in the air when the goal is scored. Air filling pitcher!
His 2nd goal of the season. Füllkrug had already struck at the 2-2 start in Wolfsburg. This was preceded by a ball win by Bittencourt in midfield in a duel against Endo.
In the last 29 home games against the Swabians, Werder has never remained goalless (most recently in a 0-1 draw in May 1991).
8. Minute: Ducksch hits it from a tight angle — Müller deflects the ball to the side netting.
9. Minute: Ducksch places the ball across the sixteen and Füllkrug hammers the part with full risk on the crossbar. bam! What a full-throttle start from Werder!
32. Minute: The first VfB chance! Endo stops flat from 20 meters — Pavlenka lets the ball bounce forward. Friedl clarifies the situation.
Werder goalkeeper Pavlenka plays despite a broken nose. Without a mask, but with a thick plaster. Coach Werner before the game on Sky: “Jiri can play. He doesn’t hold the balls with his nose, but with his hands.”
38. Minute: The 1:1! Another dream goal! Endo smashes it again from 18 yards — this time the ball sails in. That was indicated, because Werder visibly took the steam out at 31 degrees.
After the police scandal last weekend in Wolfsburg, when the police didn’t let Werder fans go to the stadium before the game, the Bremen Ultras unpacked a poster with the words: “Wolfsburg police — masters of hypocrisy. Freedom surely dies.” And: “Pol. Wolfsburg – Your danger forecast: A joke. Your press releases: pure mockery.”
55. Minute: Pavlenka saves after a shot by Tiago Tomas. Almost the 1:2!
59. Minute: Bad scene! Kalajdzic hacks Friedl in the legs from behind. only sees yellow.
69. Minute: Ducksch flicks the ball past the angle. The first dangerous Werder scene since the initial phase.
71. Minute: Ito senst Weiser at the halfway line. Bittencourt blown the fuses. The Bremen comes storming and pulls the Japanese to the ground. He’s lucky that he only sees yellow.
77. Minute: 1:2! Silas storms towards the Werder goal alone, pushes the ball in from eleven meters. Strong VfB counterattack! Less than two minutes later he has the next huge chance — this time Pavlenka can fend off.
Silas Mvumpa Katompa made the goal for Stuttgart. His first goal with his real name. Until June 2021 he ran as Silas Wamangituka. He had played under a false identity because a player’s agent had falsified his name and date of birth. It was only last year that the man from the Congo had the courage to uncover the scam with the help of the club and a new advisor. Now the first hit with his real name.
90. Minute + 5: Joker Burke (substituted on in the 84th minute) pokes the ball in. 2:2! Out of nowhere! Insanity!
Stuttgart is still waiting for the first Bundesliga away win in the 2022 calendar year, the Swabians have been without a win for 11 away games.