“In Europe they know well what the CB IES La Orden is worth“. With this phrase, Paco Ojeda summarizes the performance of the Huelva team in the European Club Cupwhich today ended in the Polish city of Bialystok. “We have left our mark and we are very happy to have achieved the goal of the club”insists.
An objective that happened to reach the playoffs, where the albiazules were dismounted. “We fought hard for the quarterfinals and Chambly had to work hard to eliminate us. The three games were very good and our athletes gave everything. Especially Telma Santos, who was very close to winning“.
Even so, Ojeda shares the concern about the possibilities of the IES La Orden of having had Pablo Abián. “We have missed him a lot. In the group stage, surely would have given us first place. And we would have made it really difficult for Chambly and we could even have gone to the semis“.
The absence of the franchise player from the draw Huelva supposed a opportunity for the youthwhose performance Ojeda values positively. “I’m very happy that young people have had their baptism of fire in Europe and we guarantee the continuity of this team In the near future“.
-THE CB IES THE ORDER IN THE EUROPEAN CUP
- 2013, Beavuais (France): Eliminated in the Group Stage
- 2014, Amiens (France): Eliminated in the Group Stage
- 2016, Tours (France): Bronze medal
- 2017, Milan (Italy): Eliminated in Quarterfinals
- 2018, Bialystok (Poland): Eliminated in Quarterfinals
- 2019, Junglinster (Luxembourg): Bronze medal
- 2022, Bialystok (Poland): Eliminated in Quarterfinals