More bad news than good in Millonarios, prior to the start of the second half of the BetPlay 2022 League. Another of the main options to reinforce Alberto Gamero’s squad “fell” and little by little the patience of the fan is being overwhelmed.
First, the alleged conversations with Leonardo Castro (Deportivo Pereira) were denied; now, Luis ‘Cariaco’ González, chosen to reinforce the area of creation and an old acquaintance of Gamero in Deportes Tolima, also says goodbye.
According to ‘El Heraldo’, a well-known Barranquilla outlet, ‘Cariaco’ was not yet completely ruled out for next season. Although his contract expired at the end of June and the negotiations were totally distant, in a couple of days everything was resolved.
“The deadline to resolve its continuity or scrap it was supposed to be yesterday, but talk of it continues. González and Junior are now closer to reaching an agreement, and it is very likely that he will continue to be a ‘shark’”, says the aforementioned media outlet.
Apparently there was a summit meeting on the night of June 29 in which an agreement would have been reached for the continuity of the Venezuelan, while Fabián Sambueza would be the one targeted to leave.
Well, this Friday the 31-year-old midfielder was present at the team’s training and hours later the journalist Juan Salvador Bárcena assured on his social networks that González signed the extension of his contract in the afternoon, information that was replicated by various media.
Likewise, fellow journalist Guillermo Arango mentioned in Win Sports’ ‘Longshot’ that the player “had already arranged everything to continue at the club” and the Albiazul board “are going to rush him for the striker”.