archysport

Newsletter

This is what it will cost Barça to play in Montjuïc in the 2023-24 season

The president of Barça, Joan Laportaand the first deputy mayor of Barcelona, Jaume Collbonihave explained this Tuesday the details of the agreement that will allow the azulgrana club to play in the Lluís Companys Olympic Stadium the 2023-24 season.

In the same stadium and with a “Hello Barça!” As a welcome projected on the scoreboard, Laporta and Collboni have explained that it will cost Barça “between 15 and 20 million euros“change stadium for a season, and speed up work on the new Espai Barça.

According to Collboni, the fact that the Olympic will become the stadium where Barça will play all their home matches for one season, implies “some minimal changes“in the management of the facility, because in this enclosure” we are already used to managing large events “.

In this sense, the Deputy Mayor emphasized that in the last 20 years, Lluís Companys, with a capacity for 55,000 spectators, “has hosted more than 770 events, with 1,300 days of occupancy”.

“In fact, the Olympic Stadium it will not stop its ordinary activitybut will combine it with the FC Barcelona match in the 2023-24 season “, he added.

Of course, Barça’s arrival at the Olympic Mountain will involve the investment of 7.2 million euros in a mobility plan. The club, according to Jaume Collboni, will take over 64% of this investmentwhile the council will contribute the other 36%.

This mobility plan envisages strengthening the funicular service, enabling shuttle buses from Plaça Espanya and Sants Station, improving the escalators for access to the Mountain and creating new biking stations and a new bike lane between Plaça d ‘Spain and Miramar.

Signage and private car parks will also be improved and the presence of civic agents and the Guàrdia Urbana will be strengthened. The public transport timetable for match days will also be extended.

“Actually, from the City Council, basically what we have to do is accelerate the accessibility investments to the mountain of Montjuïc that we already had planned,” said Collboni.

Barça, meanwhile, have committed to assume the cost of reconditioning of the stadium so that it can host football matches of the highest level. This includes the reinforcement of the cleaning and security team at each of the events it organizes at the sports venue.

“We will adapt and modernize various services or auxiliary spaces of the stadium, such as the press gallery and changing rooms, and we will also enable a private parking area, but certainly these facilities are very good and in very good condition,” he said. underline Laporta.

The Barça president has explained that, since the end of this season, the refurbishment work on the first and second tier of the Camp Nou has been underway and will be operational for most of the next season. “They will always try to do it during the week to make the members as uncomfortable as possible on match days,” he said.

Already in the 2023-24 season, when the third tier and the roof of the new Camp Nou will have to be built, the club will leave the stadium free and move to Montjuïc.

What has been completely ruled out is that Barça will move their transfer to Lluís Companys next season in order to speed up the work on Espai Barça.

The reason, as its president explained, is purely economic: “Next season is important for us, because we have to protect our income statement. And that means exploiting our stadium, which has a capacity of almost 100,000 spectators “.

Therefore, it will not be until the 2023-24 campaign that the Olympic Mountain becomes ” the epicenter of Barcelona“stressed Joan Laporta, who confirmed that the club will create” a democratic system of rotation “so that all its members can see their team live at the Lluís Companys Olympic Stadium as many times as possible.

Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter
LinkedIn
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Trending