archysport

Newsletter

Monzón lost in doubles and said goodbye to the Buenos Aires Challenger

The tennis player from Corrientes, Ignacio Monzón, lost yesterday in the doubles main draw of the Buenos Aires Challenger and said goodbye to the contest. In the company of Fermin Tenti from La Plata, he fell to Argentines Matías Franco Descotte and Alejo Lorenzo Lingua Lavallen 6-4, 6-1.

Thus, the man from the capital, who came from two victories in the Corrientes Challenger (individual and doubles), said goodbye to the contest that takes place at the facilities of the Argentine Tennis Club, in the Buenos Aires neighborhood of Palermo.

On the other hand, eight local players got into the round of 16, in a day in which Juan Pablo Ficovich, top favorite, and Francisco Comesaña, brand new champion of the Challenger de Corrientes made their debut last Sunday.

Ficovich, number 168 in the ATP ranking and first seed, had to struggle to prevail in a match that had been very adverse against Bolivian Murkel Dellien. It was 6-7(5) 6-4 7-6(2) in just over three hours of play.

Comesaña from Mar del Plata, third favourite, beat Peruvian Nicolás Álvarez 6-2 6-7(4) and 6-3 and continues to affirm his great present with six consecutive victories, while Navone, finalist last week, did the same with his compatriot Valerio Aboian 6-4 3-6 6-3.

Juan Bautista Otegui — who received an invite to the main draw — claimed his first ATP Challenger main draw victory. Juan Ignacio Galarza, 495th in the ATP ranking, once again celebrated a victory in the category after more than four years.

A total of 9 Argentines continue in the race in the fourth Challenger of the year in the country and produced entirely by the Argentine Tennis Association.

Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter
LinkedIn
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Trending