Jobcenter Oberhausen: Services for refugees from the Ukraine

You escaped from the Ukraine before the war, live in the city of Oberhausen and have not yet reached retirement age? Then, under certain conditions, you can apply to the Oberhausen Job Center for benefits under SGB II.

What you have to do for that:

1. Registration
First you have to register in the administration building at the gym Knappenstraße 125, 46047 Oberhausen. This is staffed daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. In addition to the first registration, there is also a health screening, which includes a corona test.

2. residence permit
Your data will then be sent to the immigration office in the Technical Town Hall, Bahnhofstr. 66, 46145 Oberhausen. You will then receive an appointment by post for the identification service. There your biometric data will be recorded and fingerprints will be taken. You will then receive a temporary certificate of fiction until you are issued a residence permit in accordance with Section 24 of the Residence Act.

3. Your visit to the job center in Oberhausen
You can only apply for benefits under SGB II at the Oberhausen Job Center once you have been issued with a fictional certificate by the immigration authorities. The care of refugees from the Ukraine, who are entitled to benefits under SGB II, will take place at the Integration Point, Essener Str. 3. It is open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. and on Wednesdays and Fridays from 7.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.

Please be sure to bring the following with you to your visit to the job center:

  • Residence permit according to § 24 paragraph 1 or fictional certificate of all family members
  • Passports of all applicants or birth certificates of the children

It is also helpful for the processing of your application if you have the following documents with you:

  • Proof of a bank account in Germany: You must open an account and bring proof of the account number (IBAN) with you to the appointment at the job center. (Please note that the job center cannot pay out cash. If you do not have an account, we will give you a barcode that you can use to get money in retail.)
  • Proof of health insurance: Please contact the health insurance company of your choice. Please bring a membership certificate, which you will receive there, with you to your appointment with us.
  • Rental agreement (if you already live in a rented apartment)
  • Employment contract and payslip if you are already working or receiving salary and can access them.

Would you like to follow this profile?

Don’t miss the latest content from this profile: Sign in to receive new content from profiles and places in your personal feed to follow.

Be the first to follow this profile



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.