National and Tolima The first sip of the great final of the BetPlay League has already been played, where the purslane took the advantage on the court. Outside of it, the controversy was centered on the inclusion in the payroll of Giovanni Moreno, who was recently sanctioned with two days, after the gestures made to the Millonarios fans at the El Campín stadium.
Despite this, Nacional filed the appeal for reconsideration, where it requested that such opinion be lifted, under the arguments that they presented in said appeal. During the game that was played this Wednesday, at the Atanasio Girardot stadium, Tolima issued a statement, alleging that the game was played under protest, due to the inclusion of the midfielder in the purslane payroll.
Now, the controversy will focus on the new opinion, from the legal department of Deportes Tolima. In the letter issued by the entity, reasons are issued and the call to the Committee to act according to the regulations of the League.
There are six points in which the club expresses the desire, even alleging the request for the points:
1. Giovanni Moreno had to serve the sanction of 2 consecutive dates from June 16.
2. The sanction was notified on June 15, 2022, which means incontrovertibly that it has legal effects from 24 hours after its notification; that is, as of June 16, 2022. (Article 21 CDU: “… In the championships organized by the FCF or DIMAYOR, the suspensions will be served consecutively from 24 hours after their notification…) .
3. The match played between Atlético Nacional and Atlético Junior on June 15 does not count as part of compliance with the sanction. And therefore he did not comply with the budget of article 42 CDU to request the suspension of his sanction.
4. In yesterday’s match, June 22, the player was lined up, and played, precisely on the date that he would be serving the first date of his sanction.
5. This is nothing different from the fact that he incurred an infraction punishable by loss by withdrawal or resignation, leaving yesterday’s match at zero – three (0-3) in favor of Tolima. (Article 83 CDU: “Infractions punishable by defeat by withdrawal or resignation. d) To the club, municipal or departmental team that makes act on the field of play or allows the presence on the bench of substitutes, suspended or disabled players”).
6. The Disciplinary Committee of the Championship has a unique opportunity to restore the credibility and trust in sports justice that will do so much good for our competitions.
The response from Dimayor is awaited to resolve the case.