The group offered for the first time the TV rights of the three European competitions (Champions League, Europa League, and Conference League). And this for the 2024-2025 to 2026-2027 seasons.
Canal + obtains for the first time 100% TV rights to the three European football competitions. This encompasses the Champions League, Europa League, and Conference League for the 2024-2025 to 2026-2027 seasons. “The CANAL+ Group is very happy to be able to broadcast, from the 2024/2025 season, 100% of European competitions: the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Europa League and the UEFA Europa Conference League for 3 seasons”communicated the group this Wednesday evening.
In details, Canal + revealed what its subscribers will be able to enjoy:
– “An additional French club in the UEFA Champions League;
– Twice as many French clubs on its channels per competition day;
– 550 matches between the best European clubs against 427 matches today;
– A new opening tournament in early August with the winner of the previous UEFA Champions League season;
– A continuous series from the beginning of August to the end of May with two additional days in January: 60 European evenings against 50 today. »
For his part, Maxime Saada, Chairman of the Group’s Management Board Canal + did not hide his joy to recover such competitions on his channels. “We are very pleased to acquire for three seasons, starting from the 2024/2025 season, the entire UEFA Champions League, the most prestigious European football competition, as well as the entire UEFA Europa League. and the UEFA Europa Conference League. We warmly thank UEFA and its President Aleksander Céferin for their renewed confidence and we salute the tremendous work carried out by this team. It’s a great joy to be able to offer even more matches and entertainment to our subscribers, who largely support the UEFA Champions League and all of European football. They will thus benefit until 2026/2027 from the matches of the biggest French and European clubs, on all their screens thanks to CANAL+. »