Yonhap News Agency, Seoul, April 26. The opening ceremony of the 12th International Children’s Marathon in South Korea was held on the 26th at the Yonhap News Agency (Yonhap News Agency) headquarters building in Jongno-gu, Seoul.
Affected by the epidemic, this year’s competition was also held in a non-contact (Run+untact) way. All entry fees will be used to help the health care of Vietnamese ethnic minority mothers and infants. 10,000 contestants can choose the time and place in the three-day competition starting from the Children’s Day on the 5th of next month, and they can go online for certification after running 4.2195 kilometers.
The competition was jointly sponsored by the international child development organization Save the Children, Yonhap News Agency, Jeonju and Gimhae city governments, and sponsored by Hyundai Motor. It is worth mentioning that this year, the organizer operates experience zones where you can take commemorative photos and participate in activities in 9 regions across the country, including Seoul, Gyeonggi-do Bucheon, and Daejeon.
In his opening speech, Wu Jun, chairman of Save the Children, said that human beings have faced many challenges so far, and the more we overcome difficulties, the more we need to pay attention to children’s issues. This year, we will continue to strive to create a happy future for the next generation. Cheng Qihong, president of Yonhap News Agency, said that every child has the right to be born and grow up healthily, but some countries have high neonatal mortality due to insufficient medical equipment and manpower. I hope this competition will bring hope and joy to the children. (Finish)
[Copyright belongs to Yonhap News Agency, unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited]