Now the district league scandal of the Hamburg amateur club FC Begedorf has consequences!
The sports court of the Hamburg Football Association (HFV) confirmed on Thursday that it had banned two amateur players from the Hanseatic city for life. This was reported by the North German Broadcasting Corporation.
In addition, penalties were pronounced for six other perpetrators. And more could follow. “FC Bergedorf still has to name a player and a spectator who were also involved,” said HFV Managing Director Carsten Byernetzki, who expressly praised the referee’s level-headed behavior in the situation.
Two amateur footballers banned for life
The two players belonged to the now deregistered second team of FC Bergedorf. At the end of March, in a district class B game against TuS Hamburg II, she caused a violent scandal with several injuries.
After a foul in the 32nd minute, discussions and insults among the players are said to have erupted. When the referee then showed a Bergedorf player the red card, “the already heated atmosphere then escalated to levels we couldn’t imagine,” it said afterwards on the FC Bergedorf website.
There had been pack formations, shoving, hunting scenes and fights. A report by the Hamburger Abendblatt stated: “In two cases Bergedorf players kicked and kicked players from TuS Hamburg who were already lying on the ground. Others could only be stopped with difficulty from becoming violent as well.”
There are said to have been several injuries, two TuS Hamburg II players had to be taken to the hospital. The game was canceled.
The sports court issued a total of eight suspensions. In addition to the two players who have been banned for life, one player has been sidelined for three years and another for nine months.
A player from TuS Hamburg was also banned.