Reheat the stoves of Major League Baseball before an impending arrest. The current collective bargaining agreement (CBA) expires Wednesday night and free agent activity will be suspended until the players association and league reach a new agreement, a process that could take months.
Many players and teams are getting deals before closing, and this has led to the free agent frenzy over the past couple of days. until Tuesday morning, Six of our top 10 agents have signed:
- SS Carlos Correa
- SS Cory Seeger:
- 3B / Chris Bryant
- If Marco Simin: 7 years $ 175 million with the Rangers
- 1B Freddy Freeman
- Ruby radius LHP: 5 years $ 115 million with Mariners
- RHP Max Scherzer: 3 years $ 130 million with the Mets
- RHP Kevin Gausman: 5 years $ 110 million with Blue Jays
- RHB Marcus Strowman
- Starling Mart:
Rangers and Mets were the most active teams in free agency and weren’t particularly close. In addition to Seager and Handsome, the Texans also signed right-back John Gray and defensive tackle Cole Calhoun. The Mets sign Eduardo Escobar and Marc Cana enter the field, as well as Scherzer and Marty. The two clubs have pledged more than $ 800 million to free the agents.
While free agency has been very active in the last few days, the commercial market has mostly been cold, at least for now. The Buccaneers sent their catcher Jacob Stallings to the Marlins for a three-man on Tuesday, and that’s all in terms of high-profile deals. I think the teams will focus on free agency before the CBA deal expires and worry about operations afterwards.
For what it’s worth, Tuesday will be an “easy” deadline for free agent signings as teams and players will need time to process contract details and review medical information before the CBA expires. The two sides fail to agree on a last-minute deal and put pen to paper. Here’s a look at the major free agent deals that have been happening since Sunday evening.
Notable hot stove offers
- Cory Seeger and Rangers have agreed a $ 325 million 10-year deal (The full story is here).
- Max Scherzer and the Mets have signed a three-year contract worth $ 130 million (The full story is here).
- Robbie Ray has signed a $ 115 million five-year deal with the Mariners (The full story is here).
- The Marlins have acquired catcher Jacob Stallings in a four player deal with the Buccaneers, Difference announced.
- Marcus Simin has accepted a $ 175 million seven-year contract with Rangers (The full story is here).
- Javier Baez has signed a six-year $ 140 million deal with the Tigers (The full story is here).
- Marlins and Avisaíl García agree on a $ 53 million four-year contract (The full story is here).
- Kevin Gausman and Blue Jays agree on $ 110 million five-year contract (The full story is here).
- John Gray and Rangers have signed a $ 56 million four-year deal (The full story is here).
- Leury Garcia has signed a three-year contract with the White Sox, For Jon Heyman of the MLB Network.
- Cory Klopper signed a one-year deal with the Rays after spending 2021 with the Yankees (The full story is here).
- Rescue team Kirby Yates has announced that it has signed a two-year $ 8.25 million contract with the Braves.
- Faithful Daniel Hudson approaches $ 7 million one-year deal with Dodgers family, At Jeff Bassan on ESPN.
- Catcher Jan Gomez has accepted a two-year contract worth $ 13 million, Craig Misch reports.
We will be providing real-time updates throughout Tuesday as the teams look to strike more deals. Follow below.