KOMPAS.com – The results of the English League on Boxing Day or the 19th week of the match presented a goal feast for the strongholds of Manchester City and Arsenal.
Manchester City won a landslide victory 6-3 over Leicester City at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday (12/26/2021) night WIB.
Man City’s goal feast came thanks to goals from Kevin De Bruyne (5′), Riyad Mahrez (14’p), Ilkay Guendogan (21′), Raheem Sterling (35’p, 87′) and Aymeric Laporte (69′ ‘).
Also read: Man City Vs Leicester Results: Winning 9 Goal Drama, Mighty Citizens at the Top
Sementara, Leicester City members via James Maddison (55 ‘), Ademola Lookman (59’), and Kelechi Iheanacho (65 ‘).
The result of Man City vs Leicester is a record. Launching from Opta, this is the match with the highest number of goals on Boxing Day in the Premier League era (9 goals).
This is also the highest number of goals scored on Boxing Day in Premier League history since Oldham vs Manchester United (3-6) in 1991.
Get information, inspiration and insight from email you.
9 – Man City v Leicester is the first ever @premierleague game on Boxing Day to see as many as nine goals, and the highest scoring match in the top-flight overall on Boxing Day since Oldham 3-6 Man Utd in 1991. Feast.
– OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) December 26, 2021
In other matches, Arsenal shaved Norwich City 5-0 at Carrow Road.
Arsenal’s five goals came through Bukayo Saka (6 ‘, 67’), Kieran Tierney (44 ‘), Alexandre Lacazette (84’ penalty), and Emile Smith Rowe (90+1 ‘).
Chelsea also won three points after thrashing Aston Villa 3-1 at the opponent’s headquarters.
Aston Villa were actually able to take the lead after Reece James scored an own goal in the 28th minute.
Also read: Norwich Vs Arsenal Results: Impressive Saka, The Gunners Win 5-0
However, Chelsea rose and recorded comeback thanks to two Jorginho penalties (34’p, 90+3’p) plus Romelu Lukaku’s goal (56′).
Aston Villa itself was not accompanied by coach Steven Gerrard who disappeared against Chelsea. The reason is, the coach was detected positive for Covid-19 before the match.
The Birmingham camp has reported that Gerrard will not lead the team for the next two Premier League matches.
Read also: Aston Villa vs Chelsea results: Lukaku opens the tap again, the Blues win 3-1
The Villans are temporarily led by assistant coach Gary McAllister.
Another London team, Tottenham Hotspurs, won on Boxing Day after beating Crystal Palace 3-0.
The Premier League Boxing Day match will be closed with the Newcastle United vs Manchester United duel at St James Park, Tuesday (28/12/2021) early morning WIB.
English Premier League results as of Monday (12/27/2021) early morning WIB:
- West Ham United vs Southampton 2-3 (Michail Antonio 49′, Said Benrahma 64’/Mohamed Elyounoussi 8′, James Ward-Prowse 61’p, Jan Bednarek 70′)
- Tottenham vs Crystal Palace 3-0 (Harry Kane 32 ‘, Lucas Moura 34’, Son Heung-min 74 ‘)
- Norwich City vs Arsenal 0-5 (Bukayo Saka 6 ’67’, Kieran Tierney 44 ‘, Alexandre Lacazette 84’p, Emile Smith Rowe 90+1’)
- Manchester City vs Leicester City 6-3 (Kevin De Bruyne 5 ‘, Riyad Mahrez 14’p, Ilkay Guendogan 21’, Raheem Sterling 35’p 87 ‘, Aymeric Laporte 69’ / James Maddison 55 ‘, Ademola Lookman 59’, Kelechi Iheanacho 65 ‘)
- Aston Villa vs Chelsea 1-3 (Reece James 28’GBD / Jorginho 34’p 90 + 3’p, Romelu Lukaku 56 ‘)
- Brighton and Hove Albion vs Brentford 2-0 (Leandro Trossard 34 ‘, Neal Maupay 42’)
Get updates news of choice and breaking news every day from Kompas.com. Let’s join the Telegram group “Kompas.com News Update”, how to click the link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, then join. You must first install the Telegram application on your cellphone.