Home football Conmebol proposes to extend rest in the finals of the tournaments – International Football – Sports

Conmebol proposes to extend rest in the finals of the tournaments – International Football – Sports

by archysport

An unusual proposal to modify the football regulations was sent by the South American Football Confederation (Conmebol) to the International Board and now, when the finals of the Libertadores and Sudamericana Cups approach, it is coming out again.

In a letter sent to the president of the Fifa, Gianni Infantino, the visible head of Conmebol, the Paraguayan Alejandro Domínguez, it reiterated a request that had already been submitted to the IFAB in March.

(Also read: Cristiano Ronaldo broke another record for Lionel Messi)

The intention of the South American entity is to extend the rest time in the intermission of the final matches of the competitions. All football matches have a 15 minute interval.

The idea of ​​Conmebol is that this period be increased to 25 minutes. “A slightly longer halftime would allow a high-quality artistic spectacle to be offered to fans present in the stadium and those who follow the television broadcast, as happens in other sports, with great receptivity,” says the letter to Infantino.

“In addition, with this modification, the athletes would have a better physical recovery and the technicians would have the opportunity to make more precise adjustments or give clearer instructions, with which the level of competitiveness and the quality of the game would increase,” adds Domínguez in the document. .

(Also: Michael Schumacher: New Revelations About His State of Health)

The intention of Conmebol is that this has immediate application, taking into account that the finals of the two club tournaments are coming, the South American, on November 20, and the Libertadores, on the 27th of the same month; both at the Centenario stadium in Montevideo.

The proposal already has a first declared opponent: the Paraguayan exporter José Luis Chilavert. On her Twitter account, Chila replicates the letter and angrily protests.

(In other news: Poetry, football and love: rituals for a woman who is no longer there)

“It is a global shame that a person like Alejandro Domínguez, who never played soccer, asks to change the rules of the historical game of the beautiful game. The corruption that reigns in South American soccer is serious and FIFAGATE continues,” Chilavert wrote.

SPORTS

More sports news

– Wassyla Ali, the mother of ex-archer Faryd Mondragón, passed away

– Falcao’s partner says they haven’t paid him and he lives in terrible conditions

– Rafael Santos Borré: his goal is to go to the Qatar World Cup

.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.