One of the most successful comedians on the big screens in Italy of the last 20 years, Fabio De Luigi he was actually born as a … baseball player! Not everyone knows, in fact, that the good Fabio, before devoting himself to art, also played in Serie A1 in Rimini; career which he then joined as a comedian in theaters, then on TV, then in the cinema.
Originally from Sant’Arcangelo di Romagna, nephew of the poet Tonino Guerra, reaches notoriety (much more than with baseball, do not want the good Fabio) with his investments in Never Say Goal, as a regular guest of Gialappa’s with characters like Medioman, superhero of mediocrity, and the singer Olmo, and imitations such as those of Carlo Lucarelli and Cristian Vieri in the late 90s; is also starring in a sitcom with Michelle Hunziker, Love Bugs, not quite his best work.
His film debut came in 1996 with Silver nitrate from Marco Ferreri, and then a whole series of comedies and even cinepanettoni; but also quality cinema, such as Friends of the Margherita bar (2009) of Pupi Avati, O Happy family (2010) by Salvatores, where he matured interpretatively, eventually becoming a screenwriter in Worst week of my life (2011) and finally director with tiramisu (2016).
Soon on screens with con And we were left alone to watch (directed by Pif) e La Befana comes at night 2 – The origins.
- 1942, is born Amitabh Bachchan, considered to be India’s greatest Bollywood actor
- 1948, is born Ninetto Davoli, actor de The Decameron e Birds and birds
- 1961, dies Chico Marx, comedian, one of the Marx Brothers
- 1962, is born Joan Cusack, actress of In & Out e A career woman
- 1963, dies Jean Cocteau, screenwriter and director of Orfeo e The beauty and the Beast
- 1967, is born Gianmarco Tognazzi, actor in Ultra e SOS